MAC Cosmetics Overrich (August 21st, 2008)
(This image is not the promotional image for the launch.)
Fall for luscious. The Cult of Cherry inspires Overrich, eight pigments that keep you de-lovely and delicious as ever. Oxidized, rich-metal hues are a cakewalk to apply, for eyes, face, all the sweet spots. In Copperbeam, Blonde’s Gold, Museum Bronze and more, the Overrich pigmets satisfy an appetite for glamor.
I recently purchased samples of the seven new pigments from MAC Overrich, and they finally arrived today! (Quite literally, five minutes or so!) You know I had to give you guys swatches right away! 😉
So here are my quick thoughts on the seven colors:
- Blonde’s Gold is nice neutral-white kind of color with a touch of warmth in the form of bronzy-gold; it makes a great neutral base.
- Museum Bronze is a deep, metallic bronzy-gold color. I know in the swatch photo it looks rather bronzy, but I swear it seems more like an antique gold shade when I stare at on my hand (then again, the light by my desk isn’t the *best*). Anyway, gorgeous bronze color. It’s probably not a “must have” for everyone, but it is for me.
- Mega-Rich is a subdued coppery orange color. It’s not really like Coppersparkle, just because it has a subtle sheen, no over-the-top frosty shimmer/sparkle. I think it’s a bit more orange, too.
- Copperbeam is a rich copper-burgundy color; I see definite tones of earthy red mixed in. This is actually somewhat similar to Heritage Rouge — it’s distinctly different in a sense, but the two are close. This one has more red-brown to it; it reminds me of Antiqued eyeshadow, actually.
- Vintage Gold is a more antique version of Golden Olive (and less frost in its finish, more subtle sheen). Kind of like a dirty green with lots of gold pearl.
- Antique Green kind of reminds me of Deep Blue Green with more teal and gold in it (I am not saying it is a dupe for this color!!). Maybe a lighter version? The color is very much like a dirty green-teal color. It will be interesting to use this in a look.
- Heritage Rouge is a reddish purple–kind of like Cranberry eyeshadow. Like the others, this has a metallic sheen, but it isn’t too much, unlike some of the existing frost pigments. I think the texture and finish of these alone makes them worth checking out, even if you might have a possible dupe.
Check out swatches!
I recently acquired these two pigments, which I believe are from this fall’s Overrich collection. I think the left one is Blonde’s Gold, and the one on the right is Mega-Rich — but I could be wrong, since I’m going purely off of descriptions. Both of these pigments are marked sample/working name. Both of these pigments are ridiculously smooth, rich, and luxe. They remind me quite a bit of last year’s Rushmetal launch, which Overrich is meant to anniversarize.
See some swatches…
MAC Cosmetcs | OVERRICH | August/September 2008
Seven new pigments and one repromoted pigment (Mauvement) will accompany the Cult of Cherry Fall 2008 MAC Collection.
- Blonde’s Gold Light tan with gold and white pearl
- Antique Green Turquoise green with gold pearl
- Vintage Gold Tarnished green with green pearl
- Museum Bronze Rich taupe with gold pearl
- Mauvement Cool taupe with gold pearl
- Mega-Rich Frosty burnt orange with gold pearl
- Copperbeam Rusted brown with red pearl
- Heritage Rouge Deep burgundy with red and brown pearl
See another photo…