MAC Moleskin Eyeshadow
MAC Me Over: Eyeshadows
There are six shades of MAC Eyeshadow ($15.00 for 0.05 oz.) launched with MAC Me Over. They include: Carbonized (frosty dark brown), Creamy Bisque (mid-tone ivory with pearlized pigments), Moleskin (nude brown), Mythical (frosty copper red), Outre (mid-tone mustard), and Satin Taupe (taupe with silver shimmer).
- Carbonized is a rich chocolate brown with bronze shimmer. The color payoff is lovely with a really soft and smooth texture. This shade has a veluxe pearl finish (so it is only 0.04 oz.). Urban Decay Lost is a bit similar, but it has a more reflective sheen and appears lighter, which is the same reason why Inglot #422 is not a dupe. It’s similar to MAC Centre Stage but with less shimmer. Wet ‘n’ Wild Comfort Zone is less brown.
- Creamy Bisque is a soft, creamy ivory with a pink tint. The finish has a pearly sheen. The pigmentation is pretty good, and I can see this being a go-to highlighter for some. This shade has a frost finish. MAC Blanc Type is more beige. It’s more like a less frosted Phloof!
- Moleskin is a softened, medium brown with a subtle, caramel warmth. This shade has a matte finish. It feels more like a satin to me, though–it has the same texture and, to some degree, the finish. It has good color payoff. It is a touch warmer than Urban Decay Naked but similar, though Naked has a softer formula. Inglot #337 is similar but has a redder base.
- Mythical is a coppery brown with a metallic shimmer-sheen. This shade has a veluxe pearl finish (so it is only 0.04 oz.). The pigmentation is good, but the color itself has a faded quality to it, and the texture is smooth and soft. It is lighter than theBalm Racy Kacy, less brown and red-tinted compared to MAC Faux Gold. It’s also a muted version of Coppering.
- Outre is a mustard-y brown–it has this mustard yellow tinge to it. This shade has a matte finish. It has a soft, smooth texture with lovely color payoff. It is reminiscent of MAC Ochre Style, which had shimmer in it. Double Feature 4 is muddier–it is grayer and browner. It’s darker and more yellowed than MAC Bamboo.
- Satin Taupe is a dark taupe with a hint of burgundy and a frosted finish. This shade has a frost finish, and it is part of the permanent range. It is similar to Bare Escentuals Meteorite.
The four I’ve tested so far are good. The texture of both Mythical and Satin Taupe are excellent, but the color payoff is good across the board. I think Moleskin, despite its demure manner, will be one that many will look to grab when it launches, because of its similarity to the famous Urban Decay Naked–consider it a sleeper hit. I know Outre will look awful on me, but it has that so-ugly-it’s-pretty kind of appeal.
MAC Me Over is a 51-piece collection for fall, which will launch in North America on August 25th, 2011 and internationally in September 2011. It will launch online approximately August 23rd but there is no concrete online launch date. All products–unless otherwise noted–are limited edition.
|The single eyeshadows definitely have a theme: neutral. They are more universally wearable, subtler, and generally more versatile as a whole. They will work well together or paired with existing shades in your stash.|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|