Win MAC Out-Minxed Lipstick!
One (1) lucky winner will receive the limited edition Out-Minxed Lipstick from MAC’s Fabulous Felines Collection! (Retail value $14.50!)
RULES: All entries must be submitted by September 12th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
Congratulations to Sabrina!
MAC Fabulous Felines Look: Leopard Luxe
I really don’t like the Leopard Luxe eyeshadow quad. I just find the colors to be so… unappealing when paired together. It’s like this peachy brown getting mixed with a dirty brown and gray. Perhaps the usage of green, blue, or gunmetal could have made this palette work better. The colors seemed awkward to me–not inherently bad–but not very complementary. I will also reiterate that using the Superslick Liquid Eyeliner on the lower lash line went about as well as the time before–it just dries awkwardly around the roots of the lower lashes and seems to crumble a bit.
I normally find myself liking products more when I use them, rather than simply swatching them, but I’m even less keen on it after using it in a look. If you want a great, slightly smoky quad, try (all MAC) Gleam, Goldmine, Soft Brown, and Bronze. If you want something a little “unusual,” try switching out Bronze for something like Coppering, Cranberry, or Sumptuous Olive.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Lithe Pigment (golden nude beige), MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (medium brown), MAC Notoriety Eyeshadow (dirty brown), MAC Furiously Fabulous Eyeshadow (brownish gray), MAC Prized Eyeshadow (highlighter), MAC Smoky Heir Superslick Liquid Eyeliner (plum burgundy), Urban Decay Crash 24/7 Liner (burgundy), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Bite of an Apple Blush (red-coral), Dior Amber Diamond SkinShimmer
- Lips: MAC Out Minxed Lipstick (peachy melon), MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lithe = Naked (less golden); Wild By Nature = Soft Brown; Notoriety = Patina (not a great dupe); Furiously Fabulous = Brun + Satin Taupe; Prized = Shroom; Bite of an Apple = Illamasqua Hussy; Out Minxed = Melon (pigment)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Apply Lithe pigment all over the lid with the 239 and mixing medium. Using the 239, apply Wild By Nature eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend Notoriety eyeshadow in the crease with the 239. Blend Furiously Fabulous eyeshadow above the crease. Highlight the brow bone with Prized eyeshadow with the 239 and blend with Furiously Fabulous eyeshadow to soften. Bring everything together by applying Smoky Heir liner on the lower lash line layered with Crash liner. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Bite of an Apple blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight cheekbones with Amber Diamond skin shimmer with the 165.
For lips, apply Out Minxed lipstick as a base color, then layer Viva Glam Cyndi lipglass on top for a complementing lip.
Lipglass: A Quiet Roar, Schemer
MAC Fabulous Felines: Leopard Luxe Review, Photos, Swatches (Lips & Cheek)
Here is part two! Be sure to read part one.
Lipglass ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- A Quiet Roar is a very pale white gold on lips. It looks a little off to me when I wear it alone, but it could be used to layer over other shades. It reminded me of Almondine (Spring Colour Forecast).
- Schemer is a sheer orange base with flecks of copper and ambered gold shimmer. I found it applied pretty unevenly, and even though I tried to make it even, I couldn’t quite get there. I’d use it as a layering gloss rather than alone. This is very, very similar to Gold Dust (Spring Colour Forecast). This one seems a little more pigmented.
- Wildly Refined is a pinky brown with multicolored shimmer–lots of pink and peach shimmer. It’s semi-opaque and has a very frosty/shimmery finish.
Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Drive Me Wild is a reddened coral with gold sheen in a cremesheen finish. Like the other cremesheen finishes in this launch, it doesn’t feel like the typical cremesheen–creamier, smoother, more moisturizing. It reminded me of an orange version of Rose Maiden (Spring Colour Forecast).
- Out Minxed is a sheer whitish shade with lots of multicolored glitter/shimmer with slight yellow undertones in a glaze finish. It’s similar to Liquid Lurex except less glittery and multicolored.
- Powerful is an orange-y copper shade with lots of gold and copper glitter in a dazzle finish. As far as I can tell, it’s pretty much a dead ringer for Infused with Glam. Maybe a smidgen darker, but I don’t think so.
- The Prowl is a semi-sheer red-tinged brown with a glossy, lustre finish. It has flecks of copper and amber shimmer in it. I did find that I had to be careful about pressing my lips together, because the color would look blotchy/streaky easily.
Mineralize Blush ($21.00 U.S. / $25.00 CDN)
- Utterly Game is a peachy orange with very subtle sheen and no real shimmer (maybe a couple flecks here and there). It can be built up for a more intense look quite easily, so I’d actually use a light hand if you’re on the fairer side. I saw this on an artist at the store and thought she looked lovely, and she was very pale, but I didn’t love it on me – just made me look a little burnt, ha!