Colorful Look with MAC Peacocky
Here is a more colorful look with the new Mega Metal Eyeshadows!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Dalliance Eyeshadow (pewter gold), MAC Odalisque Eyeshadow (blue-teal), MAC Noir Plum Eyeshadow (purple), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, Make Up For Ever #12L Aqua Eyes (teal-blue) Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: MAC Sur Blush (neutral pink-brown), MAC Gana Blush (champagne beige)
- Lips: MAC So Vain Kissable Lipcolour (pinked coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Dalliance = Urban Decay Maui Wowie; Odalisque = Shimmermoss + Deep Truth; Noir Plum = Grape pigment; Sur = Prism; Gana = Soft & Gentle; So Vain = Vegas Volt (sheered)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Dalliance eyeshadow all over the lid. Lightly blend Odalisque eyeshadow into the crease and blend into the outer corner with the 222. Next, apply Noir Plum eyeshadow into the lower crease with the 239 (horizontally), lightly blending with Odalisque. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #12L eyeliner on the lower lash line and pat Noir Plum eyeshadow on lower lower lash line with a dampened 219 to brighten. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sur blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then highlight with Gana blush using the 165.
For lips, apply So Vain lipcolour for a complementing lip.
MAC Noir Plum Mega Metal Eyeshadow
MAC Peacocky: Mega Metal Eyeshadows Review, Photos, Swatches, Part 2
MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadow ($19.50 for 0.11 oz.) are a new long-wearing metallic powder with an intense metallic finish with medium-buildable coverage that is not supposed to fade or crease. This post features these five shades: Noir Plum (true purple with silver pearl), Odalisque (deep teal), Paparazz-she (deep copper bronze), Peek-at-You (frosted yellow white), and Prance (frosted mauve pearl).
- Noir Plum is a purple violet with subtle silver micro-shimmer and a faint metallic sheen. This seemed to have the weakest metallic finish. It seems like a darker version of Violet pigment or lighter version of Grape pigment. It is a cooler-toned, more vibrant version of Marvel (Mickey Contractor, ’11).
- Odalisque It seems bluer than Shimmermoss (permanent) but more comparable to Talent Pool (Starflash ’08).
- Paparazz-she is vibrant, coppered orange with a metallic sheen. This shade was ridiculously pigmented–the most intense of the bunch. It’s like a richer version of Amber Lights (permanent).
- Peek-at-You is a pale, white gold with a metallic sheen. This was the lightest and sheerest shade of the fifteen. It seemed similar to Dazzlelight (permanent). It’s lighter than Dreammaker (Starflash, ’08).
- Prance is a cool-toned mauve-tinged pink-silver with a metallic sheen. It’s like a lighter, less purple version of Shale (permanent). It seems like a mauve version of Grand Entrance (Starflash ’08)–I wouldn’t say they’re dupes, but it had the same feel.
Buttery, smooth as silk, blendable beyond belief, and richly pigmented, the new Mega Metal Eyeshadows are easily one of the best new products I’ve seen MAC put out in the past year (if not longer). The best part about these is the consistency across the fifteen–they all have the same creamy, silky texture and solid pigmentation across the board. Though the color range is not necessarily the most unique, the formula is fantastic, which makes the quality top notch. I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy duplicate shades, but every shade is worth checking out. I feel like it’s been too long since I’ve said that about a MAC product.
These are over double the size of regular MAC eyeshadows ($14.50 for 0.05 oz.) and are the same size as Cream Colour Bases (in shape/packaging), and the texture is richer, almost thicker in a way, than veluxe pearl finish shadows. They have some of the intensity and the pearly finish of Starflash shadows, but they stand out on their own, too.
P.S. — I have also used these wet (“foiled”) and have not noticed any wet spot left behind, but it’s only been a few hours–so I’ll get back to you on that!
MAC Peacocky launches on January 6th, 2011 in-stores across North America, January 2011 for international. The approximate launch date for online is January 4th but may not be exact. It features 15 Mega Metal Eyeshadows ($19.50 each) and 12 Kissable Lipcolours ($18.00 each). All products are limited edition.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 30/30
- Value: 10/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
FINAL THOUGHTS: Slightly subdued, these shades are as wearable for color-fiends and more neutral fans. There are shades that are sure to appeal to everyone, but the power of these lies in the quality–smooth, buttery textures combined with intense pigmentation, effortless to blend, and cohesive application.
WHERE TO BUY: MAC Cosmetics, January 6th for North America; January 2011 for international