Orange Eyeliners: MAC Obviously Orange, MAC Genuine Orange, MAC Primary Yellow
Orange (and Yellow) Eyeliners: Your Guide
It might be safe to say that orange and yellow are the most under-represented colors within the eyeliners that I have! I only found two orange eyeliners, neither similar to the other, and one yellow. It really makes me want to hunt down others now!
- MAC Obviously Orange is a medium orange with subtle red undertones. (LE)
- MAC Genuine Orange is a brightened, tangerine orange with a matte finish. (Not listed as eye safe, but I know many still use it, so I included it.)
- MAC Primary Yellow is a bright pop of medium yellow with a matte finish.
TEMPTALIA PICKS: #2 (quality), #3 (quality)
Behind-the-Series: It was my intention to provide heavy, opaque swatches to provide an accurate color comparison. Some eyeliners required one pass, some required five, and a few even more. When possible, the shade name (above) is linked to the original review so you can read more about the quality, wear, etc. of a particular eyeliner. If we’ve never done a review, there will be no link. Shades that were limited edition will be marked with “(LE)” and shades that were discontinued will be marked with “(DC)” after the color description. You can also find all comparisons on The Dupe List.
What’s your favorite orange eyeliner? How do you like to use it?
Full of Fuchsia, Artistic License Technakohls
MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection: Technakohls
With five shades of technakohls to choose from, the MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection has you covered.
- Full of Fuchsia is a fuchsia-purple with icy fuchsia sheen. It reminded me of a very intense Pink Pearl pigment. It’s not quite as bright as Brash & Bold pigment, but they are a bit similar.
- Artistic License is a just-less-than electric blue with an aqua-green tone.
- Obviously Orange is a pop of medium-bright orange. It’s not neon orange, and it’s not rusty or coppery either. Compared to Colour Matters, this one has a much more noticeable shimmer/frost to it–kind of a golden shimmer.
- Colour Matters is a satiny chartreuse shade. It looks nearly the same as True Chartreuse pigment does, just in technakohl liner. Since I’m lazy at heart, I am pleased to see it in technakohl form (even though, if you’re on a budget, you could use the pigment form to create your own liner).
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: I think the technakohls were my favorite part of the launch — just great to see new, not-yet-done shades of the technakohl family be released. I recommend all of the shades, though I’m partial to Colour Matters and Artistic License.
See up-close photos and swatches… Continue reading →