How to Wear MAC Notoriety Eyeshadow Quad
Notoriety Eyeshadow Quad (see revew, swatches, & photos here) is the latest palette creation by MAC Cosmetics as part of the Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection, which launched last Thursday, the 20th. The quad contains these shades: Skintone 1 (a pale whitish-pink), Rich & Earthy (a muted coppery-orange), Skintone 2 (muted gold), and Notoriety (cool-toned dark brown with gold flecks).
- Inner Lid: Skintone 1
- Outer Lid: Rich & Earthy
- Crease: Notoriety
- Brow: Skintone 1
- Cheek: Notable
- Lip: Lovin’ It, New Spirit
See more combinations… Continue reading →
MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection — Notoriety Eyeshadow Quad
Richard Phillips contributed three eyeshadow quads to the MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection. Let’s take a look at the earthy quad called Notoriety…
Notoriety Eyeshadow Quad ($36.00)
- Skintone 1 is a glittery confection of pale, whitish pink with a frosty finish. It has a lustre texture, which makes it a bit gritty and it does have a bit of fall out.
- Rich & Earthy is a muted orange-base with golden shimmer laced through it. MAC describes it as a “coral bronze,” but I don’t really see that much brown in it. It’s more of a light, copper orange with gold shimmer, at best. This one has a veluxe pearl finish, which means it’s smooth, pigmented, and easy to blend.
- Skintone 2 is a slightly muted gold with a bronzy finish. It has a frost finish, so it is incredibly easy to blend while still being pigmented and smooth to the touch. I felt like this was a really wearable gold, because it wasn’t so yellow or bright.
- Notoriety is a deep cool-toned taupe brown base with gold flecks throughout. Being a velvet finish, this shadow is a bit chalky if you don’t layer it. I was expecting the brown to be a bit warmer–more chocolate–than it turned out to be. It’s surprisingly cool.
In the Gallery may be the “butt” quad of the collection (aka the loser of the bunch), I’m happy to be able to say that Notoriety is much better. The colors are more pigmented, and they’re not chalky like In the Gallery . I felt the weakest was Notoriety, actually, because it was a bit chalky compared to the other three shades in this quad. However, it layers really well so you can create a smooth texture that way. In particular, I really liked both Rich & Earthy and Skintone 2 — very pretty, wearable shades.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 9/10
Recommendation: Want a bit of a neutral look with a little shimmery kick? I think Notoriety is neutral without being too soft or subtle. It gives you great earthy tones that will be perfect for fall.
See up-close photos and swatches… Continue reading →