MAC In the Groove: Making It Easy… Really!
The trios really make it a no-brainer on throwing something together! Just use one and you’re good–totally convenient. A little unlike me, but hey… Oh… and… HAPPY FRIDAY!!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Making It Easy Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (soft beige, soft brown, medium brown), Chanel Cassis Eyeliner (plum), Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: NARS Exhibit A Blush (orange), theBalm Mary Lou Manizer (highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Naughty You Lipstick (berry), MAC Hi-Falutin’ Dazzleglass (soft melon-peach)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Making It Easy = Dazzlelight (soft beige), Soft Brown (soft brown), Arena (medium brown); Naughty You = Lustering; Hi-Falutin’ = Enchantress
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the soft beige eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend the soft brown eyeshadow on the middle of the lid and into the crease with the 239. Next, apply the medium brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend the soft beige eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Cassis eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Definicils Precious Cells mascara.
For cheeks, apply Exhibit A blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then lightly pat Mary Lou Manizer on the cheekbones.
For lips, apply Naughty You lipstick first, and then layer Hi-Falutin’ dazzleglass for a complementing lip.
Dazzle Lipstick: Naughty You, Smash Hit, Snazzy, Sweet Bits, Troublemaker, Wham, Win-Win
MAC Dazzle Lipstick for the Glitter Lovers
Check out part one for details on the formula!
Dazzle Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Naughty You is a semi-opaque brightened medium pink with fuchsia glitter. It’s a brighter, less cool-toned version of Troublemaker. The application went on pretty even, and the glitter seemed to stay in place for the most part.
- Smash Hit is a sheer beige-gold with darkened gold glitter. It’s a warmer version of Liquid Lurex. Since it’s rather sheer, the glittery bits are more noticeable and thus look gritty rather than smooth (but again, it doesn’t feel gritty). I’d use this layered underneath a lipgloss.
- Snazzy is a semi-opaque, red plum with fuchsia-purple glitter. This is one of the most pigmented shades of the thirteen dazzle lipsticks. It has a nice level of color coverage and is also the most wearable, because it’s glittery without being metallic.
- Sweet Bits is a semi-sheer grayish lilac with multi-color glitter. It’s kind of like Vex eyeshadow in lipstick form. I find this color a little hard to wear on its own, so it’s definitely more of a layering shade. It also has a tendency to look gritty (but it doesn’t feel that way) and has a decent amount of slip-slide with the glitter, so it may look uneven.
- Troublemaker is a semi-opaque, darkened red-pink with fuchsia glitter. It’s a darker, more opaque version of Naughty You. I had a lot of slipping with this shade–I definitely had to be careful not to press my lips together or else the color and glitter seemed to smear around and look uneven.
- Wham is a red-brown with gold and copper glitter. This one also had a fair amount of slipping when I pressed my lips together–so be careful should you choose this shade.
- Win-Win is a light baby pink with blue undertones and lilac glitter. It’s very cool-toned and almost veers on a lilac pink or a milky pink. It’s very sheer, so it’s better layered with another product than alone, if only because it looks more obvious that you’re wearing glitter with it by itself.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 25/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: I like the concept, just because it is fun and different from other lipsticks I have. I did find that some of the glitter can slip-slide and end up looking rather uneven on lips if you’re not careful about application. It’s not a big deal, because you just have to make yourself conscious of it.
Dazzle Lipstick: Baby’s On Fire, Glaringly Hip, Hellraiser, Hot Sass, Infused with Glam
Preview: MAC Dazzle Lipstick & Dazzleglass from Digi-Pop
MAC Digi-Pops: Lip Server Collection is available for pre-order at your local Nordstrom. It doesn’t launch until July 15th, but pre-orders are in full swing. There are thirteen shades of new (and of course, limited edition!) Dazzle Lipsticks and seven shades (some new, some repromoted, but all limited edition) Dazzleglasses.
I didn’t test any of these my lips, so I really can’t comment on the wear or feel on the lips. (Sorry all, I couldn’t bring myself to use a tester — the germaphobe in me refused to participate!) The Dazzle Lipsticks did not feel gritty or rough when I swatched them–surprisingly smooth. They look like they varied from sheer to semi-sheer in color, but it’s difficult to know for sure just how sheer or opaque they may lean without swatching them on lips. (Which I fully intend to do, when I’m able to pick up my pre-order!)
Dazzle Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Baby’s On Fire is a sheer darkened ruby red with silver sparkle.
- Glaringly Hip is a muted peach with brown undertones and pink and white glitter.
- Hellraiser is a sheer, darkened mauve-plum with bluish-silver glitter.
- Hot Sass is a semi-sheer, muted orange with reddish-copper glitter.
- Infused with Glam is a warmed-up brown with red undertones and reddish glitter.
- Liquid Lurex is a sheer yellow gray-gold with silver glitter.
- Naughty You is a brightened medium pink with fuchsia glitter.
- Smash Hit is a sheer beige-gold with darkened gold glitter.
- Snazzy is a semi-sheer red plum with fuchsia-purple glitter.
- Sweet Bits is a grayish lilac with multi-color glitter (predominantly light fuchsia). It’s kind of like Vex eyeshadow in lipstick form.
- Troublemaker is a darkened red-pink with fuchsia glitter. It’s a darker, more opaque version of Naughty You.
- Wham is a red-brown with gold and copper glitter.
- Win-Win is a light baby pink with blue undertones and gold glitter.
Dazzleglass ($18.50 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Boys Go Crazy is a darkened plum-berry purple with iridescent purple and blue-violet glitter.
- Fabulous Fun is a brightened fuchsia-pink with fuchsia-purple glitter.
- Glamour OD is a brightened red with a touch of coral and pink glitter. This is a repromote.
- Hi-Falutin’ is a softened peach-coral with gold glitter.
- Spanking Rich is a softened pink mauve with fuchsia glitter. This is a repromote.
- Utterly Posh is a darkened orange with a little brown and orange-gold glitter. This is a repromote.
- You Got the Look is a brightened tangerine orange with almost teal glitter.