MAC La La Eyeshadow
MAC Spring Colour Forecast: Eyeshadows Reviews, Photos, Swatches
There are eight single eyeshadows that debut in this launch. There are four from part one and four from part two. Additionally, there are two eyeshadow quads being released in parts three and four, respectively, that will be reviewed separately. My favorites: La La, Very Violet; Hot Hot Hot, Straw Harvest. What are your favorites?
Spring Colour 1 Forecast — Eyeshadows
- Rosy Outlook is a dusty medium pink with a satin finish. I think there was a shade called Riviera Rose–this reminds me of it, only not as cool-toned, but still has that dusty pink feel.
- Very Violet is a crisp darkened violet-purple with very little sheen, not at all frosty like its frost finish would suggest. I can’t remember MAC doing a purple quite like this in recent history.
- La La is a rich magenta fuchsia with fuchsia shimmer-sheen. It reminds me of Brash & Bold Pigment from Makeup Art Cosmetics last fall, but in eyeshadow form (so more convenient and easier to work with overall). Very nicely pigmented and smooth–and surprisingly not that frosty, despite its frost finish.
- Da Bling is a slightly paled medium pink with a frosty sheen but excellent color pay off in a veluxe pearl finish. This is a permanent eyeshadow, though, so no need to rush to purchase.
Spring Colour 2 Forecast — Eyeshadows
- Nanogold is a semi-sheer pinky beige. This is probably one of the nicest lustre-finish eyeshadows I’ve ever come across. It feels nothing like a lustre! This one has come out previously, though always limited edition.
- Hot Hot Hot is an intensely pigmented orange-based red that looks mostly matte, though it has very subtle shimmer, since it is a satin finish eyeshadow. I don’t think I’ve seen MAC put out a shade like this since being a fan (about five years).
- Straw Harvest is a gorgeous shade of warmed-up peach gold with a lighter gold sheen in a veluxe pearl finish.
- Perky is a satin finish light salmon-y pink with good color pay off. Not quite like anything in the permanent line from what I can see.
I spent all day at orientation for my MBA program, which starts later on in September. Law school classes started this past Monday, unfortunately! Summer is kind of at its end for me, I suppose. Here’s to a better school year than last!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Blonde’s Gold pigment (beige-gold base), Nanogold eyeshadow (peach-gold duochrome), Brash eyeshadow (copper), Chestnut eyeshadow (rusty cranberry), Raven kohl power (berry-black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Blooming powder blush (soft pink)
- Lips: Lightly Ripe lipstick (subdued berry-pink), Rich & Ripe lipglass (dark coral-pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Blonde’s Gold = White Gold; Nanogold = Pink Opal; Brash = Amber Lights; Chestnut = Cranberry; Raven = Foxy Lady; Blooming = Dame; Lightly Ripe = Captive; Rich & Ripe = Lust
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Blonde’s Gold pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Nanogold eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Brash eyeshadow to the middle of the lid, overlaying it with Nanogold. Darken the outer lid using Chestnut eyeshadow and drag into crease using the 239. Sweep Nanogold underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Raven kohl power on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Blooming blush using the 129. Apply Lightly Ripe lipstick to lips, and then top with Rich & Ripe lipglass for color and shine.
Continue reading →
If you were using MAC’s Nanogold eyeshadow, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include Nanogold! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
I think I’m actually going to be late to school because I’m posting this, LOL! I have about… eight minutes to shower and get ready before I need to be out the door. Seriously, do you ever just get caught up doing internet-related things, whether it be browsing or writing someone an email? I always fall prey to it! Ask my boyfriend – he has to drag me away from Temptalia sometimes or else nothing in my life would get done! (Honestly, it’s not quite THAT bad!) Anyway, I did this look on Saturday, figuring I’d give Soft Ochre paint pot a shot (despite the huge paint pot following, I am not among it), and I rather liked how it ended up coming together. Happy hump day – hope you all are having a fab week! I hate Wednesdays, mostly because it’s my longest day of school (9am-4pm), and STARBUCKS! is the only thing that can get me through these kinds of days. *edited to add* Totally wasn’t late to school. In fact, five minutes early!
I used Soft Ochre paint pot on lid, Nanogold eyeshadow on inner lid, Goldmine eyeshadow on middle of lid, Velvet Moss eyeshadow on outer lid, Femme Noir eyeshadow on outer crease, Nanogold eyeshadow above crease, Ricepaper eyeshadow on brow, and Feline kohl power on lower lash line. I wore Margin blush with Light Flush mineralize skinfinish to highlight on my cheeks. I had Tiger Tiger lipstick with Vital Spark lipglass and Tres Cher lipglass on my lips.
Continue reading →
I used Pink Opal pigment on lid, Vex eyeshadow on inner lid, Nanogold eyeshadow on middle of lid, Neutral Pink eyeshadow on middle of lid, Parfait Amour eyeshadow on outer lid and crease, Nanogold eyeshadow above crease, Hush eyeshadow on brow, and Feline kohl power on lower lash line. I wore Petalpoint blush with Micro Pink beauty powder to highlight. I had Pomposity lipstick with Backlit 3D glass and Tres Cher! lipglass on my lips.
Continue reading →
I used Your Ladyship pigment on lid, Nanogold eyeshadow on inner lid, Modest Tone eyeshadow on middle of lid, Neutral Pink eyeshadow on outer lid, Dark Edge eyeshadow lightly in the outer crease, Nanogold eyeshadow above crease and on brow and lower lash line, and Feline kohl power on lower lash line. I wore Light Flush mineralize skinfinish with Sculpt sculpting powder to contour. I had 3N lipstick with 2N lipglass on my lips.
Continue reading →