If you were using MAC Mystic Cool Eyeshadow Palette?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
I wanted to try and do a look that used some of MAC’s new holiday palettes, and of course, I really wanted to use Hold My Gaze from the Sorceress palette. As much as I like Hold My Gaze, I don’t really love it with the other shades in the palette, so I decided to use it alongside the Mystic Cool palette instead. And you know me, I have to try and incorporate as many new goodies as possible — so I used this look to road-test Smashbox’s Wish Eyeliner (which I just reviewed below–loved it, by the way) and paired it with some holiday lips by Guerlain.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Cool Incantation eyeshadow (pale white-gold), Hold My Gaze eyeshadow (dirty sage green with gold), Blue Enchantment eyeshadow (frosty teal), Bottle Green eyeshadow (matte dark teal-green), Smashbox Wish Eyeliner (dark teal-green), Zoom Fast Black Lash mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (bronzy), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Guerlain Gems Rouge G Lipstick (pink coral), Guerlain Perle de Lune KissKiss Gloss (shimmery pearly white)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Cool Incantation = Nylon, Hold My Gaze = Flourishing + Goldmine; Blue Enchantment = Shimmermoss; Enough Said = bronzer
Directions: Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack Cool Incantation eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Hold My Gaze eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Blue Enchantment eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Bottle Green eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Cool Incantation eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Smashbox Wish Eyeliner on lower lash line. Apply Zoom Fast Black Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Guerlain Gems Rouge G lipstick to lips, and then top with Guerlain Perle de Lune KissKiss Gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
MAC’s Mystic Cool Eyeshadow Palette was not the easiest to mix and match. Both rows make great combinations, but when it comes to mixing them all… there just wasn’t as much variety as I’d like. I felt like I was really just swapping out one colour out of a trio and such.
What combinations have you tried?
Here are five different eyeshadow combinations you could try using just this palette…
- Inner Lid: Shhh Don’t Tell Eyeshadow
- Outer Lid: Rose Potion Eyeshadow
- Crease: Violet Vow Eyeshadow
- Brow: Cool Incantation Eyeshadow
- Cheeks: Conjure Up! Mineralize Blush
- Lips: Total Wow! Lipstick, Jingle Jangle Dazzleglass
See four more combinations… Continue reading →