The Summer Season: MAC Morange Lipstick
MAC Morange Lipstick ($14.00) is an amped up, vibrant shade of glistening orange. This is not for the color-shy, because it is head-to-toe rich and creamy and opaque. MAC describes it as “loudmouth orange,” and it is exactly that. It’s so, so full of color. It’s an amplified cream finish, and it’s easy to wear with smooth, intense color.
Is this the right orange lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
Bright Makeup: Yellow, Pink, & Purple
I felt like playing around a bit last night, so I ended up with this at the end of playtime! Thought I’d share I normally pair this kind of look with bright pink lips, but I thought I’d try something a little more orange, just for fun, so there are two lip combos in this look.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Golden Lemon Pigment (yellow gold), MAC Goldenrod Eyeshadow (golden yellow), MAC Bright Sunshine Eyeshadow (yellow), MAC Passionate Eyeshadow (dark pink), MAC Beauty Marked Eyeshadow (blackened burgundy), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), MAC Blackline Pearlglide Eyeliner (black with gold), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black), MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Blush (peachy-pink)
- Lips: MAC Morange Lipstick (orange), Chanel Venus Glossimer (sheer pink), NARS Schiap Lipstick (bright pink), Benefit Back to the Fuchsia Ultra Shine Lip Shine (sheer fuchsia)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Golden Lemon pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Goldenrod eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Bright Sunshine eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Passionate eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. With the 226, apply Beauty Marked eyeshadow into the outer crease, and then gently press Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow into the middle of the crease with the 239. Lightly tap and brush Bright Sunshine eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Blacktrack fluidline on the upper lash line, Blackline eyeliner on the outer half of the lower lash line and Bright Sunshine eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash and Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Morange lipstick first, and then layer Venus glossimer for a complementing lip. or try Schiap lipstick layered with Back to the Fuchsia lip shine.
4 Must-Have MAC Orange Lipsticks
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Morange lipstick is a ridiculously creamy, opaque bright orange shade. This is not for the faint of heart! This is a lipstick one must wear with the utmost confidence.
Meltdown lipstick is a shimmery orange with just a little bit of coral in it. It’s surprisingly wearable, particularly for those with warm, deep skin tones.
So Chaud lipstick is a orangey-reddish shade. It’s not quite a red, but it’s not necessarily bright orange either. Very pigmented, very hot (harhar!).
Charismatic lipstick is a sheer, brownish orange shade with subtle gold shimmer laced through it.
What are your favorite orange lipsticks?