5 Ways to Wear: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish
Have you ever wondered what exactly MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes are for?
Here are five ways to use these multi-tasking cult favorites…
- As a highlighter. Depending on the shade of the skinfinish and the shade of your skin, often they’ll act as great highlighters. Pinker ones can be used as cheek highlighters, while more peachy/rosy/bronze ones can be used all over the face (e.g. Soft & Gentle). I like using the 165, personally, but the 187 is nice, too.
- Wet. Spritz your brush with water/Fix+ and then grab some of the product and apply it wet. It’ll give you a different look with a smoother, finer appearance. Because the products are baked, you don’t have to fear any wet spots appearing on the product either.
- As a blush. More pigmented, deeper shades of the skinfinishes can be used to add healthy color to your cheeks. Paler folks will love shades like Porcelain Pink, Petticoat, and Stereo Rose for soft, pinky-raspberry shades. Deeper skin tones will enjoy Petticoat, Stereo Rose, So Ceylon, and the like. Your mileage will vary depending on just how pigmented the product is. You can use a regular blush brush like the 116 or 129 to apply.
- On the brow. Whether you use it wet or dry, many of the mineralize skinfinishes work well to highlight the brow bone for an effortless, barely-there makeup look.
- As a bronzer. More bronzy shades (like the recently released Sunny By Nature) make excellent bronzers. They can give you that just-kissed-by-the-sun look. I recommend using a fan brush like the 184 or an angled brush like the 168.
How do you wear your Mineralize Skinfinishes?
If you could revamp MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?