MAC Wonder Woman Look Experiment: Lady Justice
This quad was a pain in the behind to use–the colors just didn’t want to stick or blend together. Very, very finnicky and difficult to work through; this was attempt number two, as well. I would have scrapped this look and never posted, because it looks awful, but I thought perhaps it would show just why I was so disappointed in these quads.
Lady Justice was a disaster–fall out everywhere and it did not want to apply smoothly whatsoever. Bold Babe was stiff and did not want to blend out. I tried adding Deep Truth towards the end, in hopes that the more pigmented shadow would help this look along but no luck. The fall out you see is after I cleaned underneath the eye–twenty minutes after.
I was going to do a subtler lip to pair with this look, but I loathed the eyes and at the very least wanted to try a fun lip combo.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Lady Justice Eyeshadow (silvery white), MAC Insurmountable Eyeshadow (pale gray-blue), MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow (navy blue), MAC Bold Babe Eyeshadow (steel blue), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Dime 24/7 Liner (silver), MAC Themyscira Opulash Mascara (blue)
- Face: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (Punjab), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: MAC Amazon Princess Blush Duo (cool blue-pink)
- Lips: MAC Marquise d’ Lipstick (nude), MAC Athena’s Kiss Lipglass (fuchsia), MAC Reflects Pearl Glitter (iridescent white glitter)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lady Justice = Filament; Insurmountable = NARS Cleo; Bold Babe = Hourglass Prism; Amazon Princess = NARS Angelika; Marquise d’ = Sandy B; Athena’s Kiss = Pink Poodle
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Insurmountable eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend Bold Babe eyeshadow above the crease with the 222. Apply Deep Truth eyeshadow in the crease with the 239 held horizontally. Use Lady Justice eyeshadow on the inner tear duct to brighten. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Dime on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Themyscira Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Amazon Princess blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Marquise d’ lipstick first, then layer Athena’s Kiss lipglass for a complementing lip.
Wonder Woman Comparison “Session”
MAC Wonder Woman: Lipstick & Lipglass Comparisons & Dupes
Here are comparisons for the lipglasses and lipsticks! If I did not compare something, the most likely reason is because I do not own it.
- ATHENA’S KISS is most comparable to Magnetique, which is just a bit darker. Funtabulous is sheerer and less intense, while True Babe is brighter, lighter, and bluer-based. Fierce & Fabulous is too pink, while Hot House is significantly darker and Electric Fuchsia is purpler.
- EMANCIPATION is a little lighter than Bare Necessities, while Devilishly Stylish is a touch less pink but otherwise very similar. Feeling Dreamy is a paler variation, and Young Spark is darker.
- SECRET IDENTITY is rustier than Crescent, and it is much lighter than Liqueur. Oh Baby is too bronzy, while Kumquat is similar in feel but obviously lighter.
- WONDER WOMAN is more of a true red than Wicked Ways, which is bluer-based. Cult of cherry is a deeper red with finer shimmer. Russian Red is similar in color, but more opaque and has no shimmer. I think Venetian should be closer, but I do not own it.
- HEROINE is unlike anything I own, though I think it may compare to Strength (which I do not own). Bronze Shimmer is too coppery, Honeymoon is so light and pale in comparison, and Gel is really nothing alike.
- MARQUISE D’ is closest to Hug Me, which is a little darker, and Sandy B, which is a little pinker. Angel is far too pink, while Innocence Beware and Hue are paler and pinker.
- SPITFIRE is darker and less magenta than Petals & Peacocks, Gladiola, and Madly Magenta. Pomposity has a brighter frost with more fuchsia. Style Curve is sheerer and purpler.
MAC Wonder Woman Lipsticks
MAC Wonder Woman: Lipsticks
MAC WONDER WOMAN LIPSTICK ($15.50 for 0.10 oz.) include four shades: Heroine (brown bronze), Marquise d’ (sandy cream peach), Russian Red (intense blue red), and Spitfire (bright creamy magenta).
- Heroine is a rich, molten bronzed brown with a metallic sheen. It is nearly opaque in color, though not quite. This is a frost finish. It seems like a less red version of Strength.
- Marquise d’ is a semi-sheer pinky-nude with soft champagne sheen. This is a lustre finish, and it is a repromote. It’s a little like Shy Girl, though lighter and sheerer.
- Russian Red is a rich, creamy blue-based red. This is a matte finish and part of the permanent range. This is not one of MAC’s drying mattes, though!
- Spitfire is a dark pink with magenta. This is a satin finish. It is pinker than Style Curve, pinker and less bright than Petals & Peacocks, similar to Smashbox Flirty. Anyone else think it’s a little muted for something named Spitfire?
my thoughts on the formula: MAC Lipsticks are vanilla-scented but taste-free. I typically get four hours of wear, but some of the lighter lustre and glaze finishes tend to disappear by hour three. Amplified cremes and amplified finishes, however, tend to go beyond four. I find the formula comfortable to wear and not drying (but not moisturizing–a couple of the matte shades can be drying).
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
final thoughts: Heroine will suit warmer complexions slightly better than cooler ones, while the other three are wearable by both cool and warm skin tones. Russian Red looks stunning on light to dark and cool to warm. Keep in mind, Russian Red is permanent, so you can save $1 by buying it in regular packaging. Spitfire is rather dupeable as MAC has put out several pinky-purple shades in the past six months.
where to buy: MAC Cosmetics
SO, this was going to be posted tomorrow, but since I mixed up the pictures, I might as well just post it now! 😛
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Pincurl eyeshadow (white-pink-silver), Knight eyeshadow (dark gray), Deep Shade eyeshadow (dark blue-purple), Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlighter), Feline kohl power (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Blonde mineralize skinfinish (rose highlighter)
- Lips: Marquise d’ (beige pink), Live & Dye lipglass (pastel pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 214 (flat, stubby brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush)
- Substitutes: Pincurl = Vex; Knight = Silver Ring; Deep Shade = Contrast; Femme-fi = Shroom; Feline = Graphblack; Blonde = Dior Rose Diamond; Marquise d’ = Hue; Live & Dye = Love Nectar
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Pincurl eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Knight eyeshadow to the middle/outer portion of the lid. Darken crease with Deep Shade eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Femme-fi underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Feline kohl power on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Blonde MSF using the 129. Apply Marquise d’ lipstick to lips, and then top with Live and Dye lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →