Win MAC Marked for Glamour Superslick Eyeliner!
One (1) lucky winner will receive the limited edition Marked for Glamour Superslick Eyeliner from MAC’s Fabulous Felines Collection! (Retail value $16.50!)
RULES: All entries must be submitted by September 21st, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
Congratulations to Jen E.!
MAC Fabulous Felines Look: Mostly Neutral
Here’s just a real quick look using some of the Fabulous Felines products! :) Hope you’re enjoying your Saturday… while I sit here on break from class, LOL. I don’t really recommend using the Superslick liners on the lower lash line — even when I used a separate brush (must!), it seemed to look less smooth there — I think it just dried around the individual lashes and didn’t work out. But I’ll try it again over the next week and see if I can get it working better next time.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Lithe Pigment (golden nude beige), MAC Burmese Beauty Eyeshadow (brown with teal flash), MAC Skintone 2 Eyeshadow (muted gold), MAC Prized Eyeshadow (highlighter), MAC Marked for Glamour Superslick Liquid Eye Liner (silvered brown), MAC Smoky Heir Superslick Liquid Eye Liner (plum burgundy), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Darkly My Dear Blush (reddened nude)
- Lips: MAC Kittenish Lipstick (reddened wine), MAC Docile Lipglass (icy pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lithe = Naked (less golden); Burmese Beauty = Club; Skintone 2 = Goldmine (golder); Prized = Shroom; Darkly My Dear = ; Kittenish = Media; Docile = Cultured
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Apply Lithe pigment all over the lid with the 239 and mixing medium. Using the 239, apply Burmese Beauty eyeshadow on the lower third of the eye lid along the upper lash line. Lightly blend Skintone 2 eyeshadow above Burmese Beauty eyeshadow and above the crease. Blend Prized eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Smoky Heir liner on the lower lash line and Marked for Glamour liner on the upper lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Darkly My Dear blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Kittenish lipstick as a base color, then layer Docile lipglass on top for a complementing lip.
MAC Fabulous Felines: Leopard Luxe Review, Photos, Swatches (Eyes)
Here’s part one of Leopard Luxe — part two coming soon!
Leopard Luxe Eyeshadow Quad ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)
- Wild By Nature is a medium-dark nude brown with a matte finish, though it seems like it has just a bit of satin to it. Reminded me of a lighter Soft Brown.
- Notoriety is a slightly sheer dirty brown with cool undertones and flecks of gold shimmer with a velvet finish. I really hate the pay off of Notoriety, even though it’s an interesting color. This is a repromote from Makeup Art Cosmetics.
- Style Predator is a gold-shimmered medium orange base with a veluxe pearl finish. It reminds me of a darker version of Straw Harvest (Spring Colour Forecast) and more of a gold sheen than Off the Page (Makeup Art Cosmetics).
- Furiously Fabulous is a deep, dark brown-gray with a veluxe pearl finish. This is the best textured eyeshadow of the three quads–it’s smooth and pigmented. I thought it was going to look like Knight Divine from an initial glance, but it’s very different. It’s like Brun and Satin Taupe had a baby.
Superslick Liquid Eye Liner ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Pure Show is a true gold, and it seems a little less pigmented than the average Superslick liner — it’s more shimmery with a sheerer color base. It can be layered for a more intense, opaque line, though.
- Marked for Glamour is a darkened gray that almost looks taupe when used lightly.
- On the Hunt is a very deep, dark black. It has a very semi-glossy look even when dried, but it’s not wet looking (but not 100% matte/flat).
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Lithe is a lightly shimmered peach-nude. It reminded me of Dazzleray and Jardin Aires pigments (both limited edition)–the texture is much smoother and finer than either of those pigments, and Lithe isn’t as frosty.
- Old Gold is a green-based gold with touches of reddish brown. It flashes a green-gold overall. It’s a very interesting and complex shade; definitely worth a look if you haven’t acquired this previously. This is a permanent shade.