Off the Page Eyeshadow
MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection: Eyeshadow
Six vibrant eyeshadows debuted with the MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection: Off the Page, Maira’s Magic, Crest the Wave, Purple Shower, Haunting, and Violet Trance.
- Off the Page is a vibrant, bright orange with golden orange shimmer and sheen. This reminds me of the ever-fabulous Fab & Flashy eyeshadow that came out with C-Shock two years ago. It has a frost finish.
- Maira’s Magic is a subdued medium pink with a satin finish, so it just has a subtle bit of sheen. It’s like a more matte and muted version of Da Bling.
- Crest the Wave is a frosty yellow with gold sheen. It has a frost finish. This originally came out with the Naughty Nauticals quad.
- Purple Shower is a soft, satiny fuchsia-purple with subtle sheen. I’ve always liked this color, and I’m glad to see it cropping up again for a spell.
- Haunting is a sheer wash of blue with just a hint of aqua. I’ve never been found of this shade, just because the pay off isn’t tops. It really does need a good base to work.
- Violet Trance is a matte dark blue-based violet purple. This originally released two or three years ago, so avid collectors may already have this in their stash. As lovely as it appears in the pot, it’s not the easiest matte to work with. I’d have to vote Make Up For Ever #92 if you’re looking for a deep, intense purple, just because this one doesn’t have a dream texture. It’s so-so, a bit chalky and thus drags a bit, and pigmentation is decent but not intense.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: This just may be the closest we come to a C-Shock redux (though not as good as C-Shock). If you like bright pops of color, you should play with these. I really liked Off the Page and Purple Shower the most. Crest the Wave is pretty, but I’m not sold on it (at least not for my skin tone).
See up-close photos and swatches… Continue reading →