Possessed by Pink! Lip Kit
MAC Magic, Mirth, & Mischief Review: Lip Kits
I cannot tell a lie: I hate lip palettes with a passion. There are many reasons why I passionately dislike lip palettes, and lest you be swayed by packaging and pretty shades, I’ll enumerate my top three for you.
1. They’re messy. If you even think about sticking your finger into the palette, you’re going to get a messy, germ-tastic palette.
2. They’re never as pigmented as a regular gloss/lipstick. Lip palettes always feel like pale imitations of the real thing.
3. They’re a pain in the butt to use. To keep it clean, you need to use a lip brush every time, and I consider that a pain. I also consider the little lip brush they include a pain in the butt to use, because the handle is so tiny, it’s difficult to hold (at least in my hands).
Possessed By Pink! Lip Kit ($22.50 U.S.)
- Sweet Smile is a sheer, rosy-pink gloss confection. It has a lot of multicolored shimmer.
- Laugh A Lot is a sheer medium rosy pink with a glossy sheen and not much shimmer.
- Tickled is a dark, plummy brown with a glossy sheen.
Heavenly Dish Neutral Lip Kit ($22.00 U.S.)
- Barely Visible is a sheer, glossy nude with lighter gold shimmer.
- Heavenly Dish is a sheer, pale, light pink with a glossy finish.
- Floating Lightly is a sheer dirty brown-beige with a glossy sheen.
I would never purchase these lip palettes if it wasn’t to review for the blog. I wholeheartedly don’t recommend purchasing them. On occasion, MAC will put one or two stunning shades into their lip palettes, and I, inevitably, cave, but this year is a total miss. Skip the palettes. If you want a deal, buy one of the lip bags instead. Or just buy one or two lipsticks/glosses you really like instead. At least MAC only put out two kits this year, as opposed to the three or four they normally launch.
I know there are some of you who love lip palettes, so if that’s you… take my review with a grain of salt. 🙂
- Product: 20/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 2/5
- Packaging: 2/5
See photos and swatches…