MAC Mickey Contractor Look
This was a super quick look I threw together to test out the new Mickey Contractor collection (as well as have some something on for taking blush and lip swatches!). You can see how Ivy is sheer on the first pass!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Jaan Eyeshadow (softened orange-tinged brown), MAC Vivah Eyeshadow (dark brown with gold sparkle), MAC Folie Eyeshadow (red-tinged brown), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, MAC Ivy Fluidline (green), Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Liner (black) Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: MAC Sur Blush (neutral pink-brown)
- Lips: MAC Yash Lipstick (peachy nude), MAC Lust Lipglass (rosy nude)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Jaan = Soft Brown; Vivah = Sable; Ivy = Urban Decay Graffiti; Perversion = Feline, Zero; Sur = Prism; Yash = Velvet Teddy
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Jaan eyeshadow on the inner two-thirds of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Vivah eyeshadow on the outer corner of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Folie into the crease with the 222, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Perversion eyeliner on the lower lash line and Ivy fluidline on the upper lash line. Apply Jaan eyeshadow on lower lower lash line to brighten. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sur blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Yash lipstick topped with Lust lipglass for a complementing lip.
MAC Lipglass: Flesh, Lust
MAC Mickey Contractor: Flesh & Lust
MAC Lipglass ($14.50 for 0.17 oz.) sees two shades as part of the MAC Mickey Contractor Collection. Flesh (dirty nude brown) is limited edition, while Lust (soft muted pink) is permanent. Lipglass is a thicker, stickier gloss with a range of finishes and opacities. They are vanilla scented.
- Flesh is a orange-tinged medium beige with a creamy look and subtle micro-shimmer. It seems to lean green on me, which is not exactly flattering for me! It has a creamy consistency, so it does settle into lip lines, but on the plus side, it is more pigmented and is semi-opaque. I can’t think of a dupe, though I’m not convinced there isn’t one.
- Lust is a muted rosy beige with a creamy consistency and finish. It does settle into lip lines, and it’s nearly opaque as far as glosses go. Since it is a thicker, more opaque shade, even though it does settle, it is less noticeable from afar. I see this shade being a lot more wearable than Flesh for many skin tones. This is a permanent shade.
P.S. — On eyes, I am wearing Jaan eyeshadow on the lid, Vivah eyeshadow on the outer lid/crease, Folie in the crease, Burberry Trench to highlight, Ivy fluidline on upper lash line, Urban Decay Perversion on lower water line, Jaan eyeshadow on lower lash line. On cheeks, I am wearing Sur Blush.
MAC Mickey Contractor will be available on January 6th at select North American stores and January 2011 for select international stores. It will be available online on approximately January 4th but may not be available until the 6th.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
FINAL THOUGHTS: Flesh might work better on those with darker skin tones as well as those with more olive complexions. It might be one of those try before you buy shades… too bad distribution is so limited.
WHERE TO BUY: maccosmetics.com
Hey all! Could you do me a favor and tell me what you think of this description format? I tried to combine what suggestions you have all given to me. In terms of majority, the more explanatory version won, and not sure if everyone saw the edit, but the explanatory version did include dupes for LE items.
Anyway, if you could let me know what you think of this description, I would appreciate it Thanks!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Polar Opposites mineralize eyeshadow duo (bright silver/brownish gray), Cumulus eyeshadow (blue-gray), Nylon eyeshadow (frosty white-gold), Graphblack technakohl (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Dainty mineralize blush (soft peachy pink)
- Lips: Velvet Teddy lipstick (semi-matte nude), Lust lipglass (pink with brown undertones)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Polar Opposites = Electra/Copperplate; Cumulus = Moonflower;
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner-to-middle lid, apply Polar Opposites (solid side) using the 239. Apply Cumulus to the middle of the lid, overlaying it with Polar Opposites. Darken the outer lid using Polar Opposites (marbled side) and drag into crease using the 239. Sweep Nylon underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Dainty using the 129. Apply Velvet Teddy lipstick to lips, and then top with Lust lipglass for color and shine.
Continue reading →