MAC Love Lace Look
Here’s a quick and dirty look using products from MAC’s Love Lace Collection! I managed to squeeze in all four of the eyeshadows that came out. Just an FYI, Blanc Type looks very, very subtle in real life — it’s not a very camera-friendly color (tends to look a lil’ on the chalky side) — ’cause whenever I use it, I can barely tell I have it on… until I take photos, of course, lol!
I ditched the lip products, because they’re really not up my alley (with all that sheerness, y’know!), and I went with two upcoming shades from Chanel’s Spring collection instead. And the lips are the BEST PART ABOUT THIS LOOK. Seriously. Amazing!
I also opted for warmer cheeks and lips to warm up the cool-toned eyes, since I’m naturally warm, so it helped balance the look for me. You could just as easily swap in cool-pink cheeks and an icy, pinky lip, too.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), (dark blue), MAC Love Lace eyeshadowMAC Suave Intentions eyeshadow (medium blue), MAC Pincurl eyeshadow (icy pinky-silver), MAC Hypnotizing eyeshadow (smoked mauve), MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (matte off-white), MAC Sense of Style kohl power (blackened blue-teal), Dior DiorShow Extase (black)
- Cheeks: MAC Springsheen blush (peachy)
- Lips: Chanel Delicieuse Rouge Allure Lipstick (soft coral), Chanel Futile Glossimer (sheer sparkling pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Love Lace = Deep Truth; Suave Intentions = Tilt; Pincurl = Vanilla; Hypnotizing = Shale; Sense of Style = Teal-o
Directions: Start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Suave Intentions eyeshadow on the inner two-thirds of the eyelid. Darken the outer third of the lid with Love Lace eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Hypnotizing eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Pincurl eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Blanc Type eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Sense of Style kohl power on the lower waterline, and then sweeping lashes with Dior DiorShow Extase mascara.
For cheeks, apply Springsheen blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 129.
For lips, apply Chanel Delicieuse Lipstick first, and then layer Chanel Futile Glossimer for a soft lip.