This isn’t a full look — just the eyes. I was testing out some settings and lenses with my camera, so I threw this on really quickly to get an idea of how colors and makeup were going to show up
What’s everyone got going on for the weekend? Me, I’m spending it working on our Top Secret Temptalia Project
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Pink Opal pigment (white-pink), Lotusland eyeshadow (light purple), Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), Sketch eyeshadow (burgundy), Rite of Spring eyeshdaow (white-pink), Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner (purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush)
- Substitutes: Lotusland = Parfait Amour + Digit; Rite of Spring = Pink Opal
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Pink Opal pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Lotusland eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Sketch eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Rite of Spring eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Ransom Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
If you were using MAC’s Lotusland eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include Lotusland! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
This is a very simple look. I kind of wanted to have teal in the crease, but when I tried it on one eye, it looked HORRIBLE, thus it didn’t happen. I found Lotusland a bit hard to work with, which was disappointing. I’m going to have to try it a few more times before I have a final verdict, but boy, it just did not want to apply well for me!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (creamy neutral base), Dreammaker eyeshadow (white-gold), Shale eyeshadow (gray purple), Lotusland eyeshadow (pastel purple-pink), Sketch eyeshadow (deep burgundy), Raven kohl power (purple-black), Lancome Oscillation mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Gentle mineralize blush (dark pink/purple)
- Lips: Sparks Can Fly lipstick (gray mauve), Lull lipglass (cool, gray-purple)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Dreammaker = Nylon; Lotusland = Stars ‘n Rockets (closest); Raven = Foxy Lady; Sparks Can Fly = Midimauve, Lull = Nico, Gentle = Plum Foolery
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Dreammaker using the 239. Apply Shale to the middle of the lid, overlaying it with Dreammaker. Darken the outer lid using Lotusland and drag into crease using the 239. Deepen crease with Sketch eyeshadow lightly in the outer crease with the 239. Sweep Dreammaker underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Raven kohl power on lower lash line, and black mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Gentle using the 129. Apply Sparks Can Fly lipstick to lips, and then top with Lull lipglass for color and shine.
Continue reading →