Ode to Hourglass Gypsy
I have raved about Hourglass’ Visionaire Eyeshadow Duos before–the texture is really top notch: buttery, soft, and easy to blend. I don’t think there’s a single thing I dislike about these duos. The price is hefty, but then they give you a ton of each color. I would love to see them put out more shades, though. Is that a con? Hm.
As you can tell from this look, I was test-driving quite a few products I’ve yet to review. Some quick notes…
- Hourglass Gpysy eyeshadow duo makes for a really easy, go-to everyday look
- Lancome Definicils Precious Cells mascara clumped up a lot, seemingly dry, so I’m going to have to check the tube and do some more testing
- NARS Sex Appeal blush barely shows up on me (NC25/NC30 skin tone, for reference), bummer!
- NARS Bougainville lipgloss is a sexy, vampy shade — in the vein of Strawberry Fields but noticeably darker
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Hourglass Gypsy Eyeshadow Duo (champagne/chocolate brown), MAC Lord It Up Pearlglide Eyeliner (dark brown), Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: NARS Sex Appeal Blush
- Lips: NARS Bougainville Lipgloss
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the champagne eyeshadow all over the lid, blending just above the crease. Next, apply the chocolate brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and blend softly above and below the crease. Lightly highlight the brow bone with the champagne eyeshadow with the 217. Bring everything together by applying Lord It Up pearlglide eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Hypnose Precious Cells mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sex Appeal blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Bougainville lipgloss for a complementing lip.