I thought I’d use some of the new eyeshadows from MAC’s Love That Look Collection, and I figured I’d go with a pretty obvious, but fun, combination of green, blue, and teal. You can also expect a video tutorial for this look, too
P.S. – I totally realize why I rarely use liquidlast liners. If you don’t get it perfect the first time, you can never quite fix it!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), True Chartreuse pigment (bright matte chartreuse base), Rated R eyeshadow (chartreuse), One-Off eyeshadow (medium green), Strike A Pose eyeshadow (dark teal-blue), Atlantic Blue eyeshadow (bright royal blue), Dreammaker eyeshadow (yellow highlighter), Make Up For Ever #17L Aqua Eyes Liner (light green), Blue Herizon liquidlast liner (blue), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Fleurry blush (coral-orange)
- Lips: Lollipop Loving lipstick (coral), Liberated lipglass (shimmery yellow-gold)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Rated R = Bitter; One-Off = Kelly Green; Strike A Pose = Tilt; Dreammaker = Nylon; Fleurry = Springsheen; Lollipop Loving = CB96 (not a great dupe); Liberated = Instant Gold
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the upper lid and brow bone as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply True Chartreuse pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Rated R eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply One-Off eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Apply Strike A Pose eyeshadow to the outer third of the lid and bring into crease with the 239. Darken crease with Atlantic Blue eyeshadow using the 219. Sweep Dreammaker eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with #17L Aqua Eyes Liner on lower lash line, and Blue Herizon liquidlast liner on the upper lash line using the 208. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Fleurry blush using the 129. Apply Lollipop Loving lipstick to lips, and then top with Liberated lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →