MAC Lipglasses: Spirit & Soul, Naked Frost, Liqueur, Glamour For All
MAC All Ages, All Races, All Sexes Collection: Lipglass Reviews, Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
I’m pleased with the opacity on these lipglasses — they’re all quite rich in color for lipglasses, and it is quite unusual to find this many pigmented shades in a single launch. If you don’t like frosty lips, though, you may not find yourself swooning over these, because three of the four do have that frosty, glimmering look. Like the lipsticks, whether these are for you is really a matter of personal taste; none of them are bad in formula, texture, or feel, but the colors may not appeal to everyone.
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Glamour For All is a creamy, slightly milky medium pink. It’s harder to find a creamy medium pink, because often, creamy/milky pinks tend to be pale and lightened up a bit — this one isn’t. On lips, it’s very creamy, so it does have a tendency to settle into lip lines.
- Liqueur is a reddish-brown with multicolored shimmer. It’s a pretty rich shade on lips, and it doesn’t sheer out too much on lips.
- Naked Frost is a neutral gilded bronze with multicolored shimmer. It has a very frosty and shimmery look on lips. It looks almost like a gilded beige on lips, rather than as deep or as bronzy as it does in the swatch.
- Spirit & Soul is a slightly cool, kind of neutral tan-brown with multicolored shimmer. It has the same frosty, shimmery finish as both Naked Frost and Liqueur. The gold shimmer really pops when applied to lips.
See photos, swatches, and lip swatches! Continue reading →
After yesterday’s experimentation, this is my actual look for the day. Sometimes it’s fun just to have, well, fun with makeup – to be able to try out things and combinations that are gloriously over the top. Obviously, this is pre-hair cut!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Copperbeam pigment (metallic brown), Ricepaper eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Bronze eyeshadow (dark brown), Smut eyeshadow (darkest brown), Texture eyeshadow (soft warm brown), UD Bourbon 24/7 Liner (warm brown), Rich Ground fluidline (warm brown), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Blooming blush (soft pink)
- Lips: Lightly Ripe lipstick (subtle deep pink), Liqueur lipglass (dirty brown)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Copperbeam = Chocolate Brown; Blooming = CoyGirl; Lightly Ripe = Syrup; Liqueur = Spite
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Copperbeam pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner-to-middle lid, apply Ricepaper eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Texture eyeshadow to outer lid with the 239. Darken crease with Bronze eyeshadow with the 239, and then add depth using Smut eyeshadow. Sweep Ricepaper underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with UD Bourbon 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, Rich Ground fluidline on upper lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Blooming using the 129. Apply Lightly Ripe lipstick to lips, and then top with Liqueur lipglass for color and shine.
Continue reading →