Passing Fancy, Gone Romancin’, Lightly Prancing, Radiant Jewels, Soft Dazzle
MAC Tartan Tale: Dazzleglass Cremes
MAC Tartan Tale Dazzleglass Cremes ($18.00 for 0.09 oz.) feature five new and limited edition shades ranging from sheer neutrals to more opaque red. Dazzleglasses Cremes have a thicker consistency but aren’t as sticky as lipglass. I do find that they have a slightly gritty texture, which becomes more noticeable as the gloss disappears and the glittery bits are left behind. They smell like vanilla.
The shades include: Passing Fancy (bright orange coral with soft pearl), Gone Romancin’ (mid-tone lavender with multi-dimensional pearl), Lightly Prancing (light peach with gold pearl), Radiant Jewels (dark sparkly magenta), and Soft Dazzle (mid-tone peach pink with gold pearl).
Their biggest downfall is how little product you get in each tube: a measly 0.09 oz. To put that into perspective, a normal MAC Lipglass is $14.50 and contains 0.17 oz. I like Dazzleglasses for their high shine, glossy look and very dazzling shimmer, but the pitiful amount drives me batty.
- Passing Fancy is a soft, sheer coral-nude with white shimmer. This is the least shimmer-filled of the five. I don’t know how this translates to “bright orange coral,” though. It may look it in the tube, but on the lips, not the case. Smile would be the closest permanent dupe, though it has a bit more shimmer.
- Gone Romancin’ is a semi-opaque lilac pink with lots of light lilac and white shimmer. This one is full of shimmer! It reminds me of Negligee lipglass or a more lilac Cultured. It’s a bit pinker than Via Veneto.
- Lightly Prancing is a semi-sheer, milky peach nude with soft gold shimmer. It is reminiscent of Sublime Shine, though less gold shimmer. The closest permanent dupe would be Bare Necessity.
- Radiant Jewels is a semi-opaque, deep fuchsia raspberry with fuchsia shimmer. It looks very much like Creme Allure — maybe just a touch darker, but they look very, very close to me. Love Alert would be the closest permanent dupe.
- Soft Dazzle is a semi-sheer, milky pink-nude with gold shimmer. Yes, it looks incredibly similar to Lightly Prancing–it’s just a little pink. Moth to Flame would be the closest permanent dupe –it doesn’t have as much gold sparkle.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 26/30
- Value: 6/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: Gone Romancin’ is fun, and I think with the amount of lilac lip fans, it’ll go over well. The others are rather similar to past or present dazzleglasses/dazzleglass cremes, though.
AVAILABILITY: Online now, October 28th in-store