Spring to Summer with Dior Crush Glow
I promised I would do a look using Dior’s Crush Glow Eyeshadow Palette, and I used it on Friday for a quick and easy look. It’s funny — I loved this look in person, but I felt like a lot of the subtlies of the shades didn’t pick-up so much on camera. It’s a great warm-toned palette for soft and subtle looks, though. I can definitely see it working as a travel palette for many.
P.S. – Normally, I’d opt for a more neutral highlighter, particularly since I am warmer toned, an icy pink is not-so-neutral on me, but per my usual routine, I like to try and stay within a palette as much as possible. So just between you and me, you may want to go for a warmer highlighter (or one with less frost in its finish to tone it down, too).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion (matte base), Dior Crush Glow Eyeshadow Palette (iced pink, peachy-gold, coral, plummy-mauve), Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Liner (brown), Dior Extase Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb (peachy-pink), Guerlain Beige Tint Meteorites (soft shimmering beige highlighter)
- Lips: Dolce & Gabbana Emotion Shine Lipstick (pinked mauve), MAC Just Add Colour Lipglass (fuchsia)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Eden Primer Potion as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the icy pink eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply the gold eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with the coral eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend the plummy-mauve eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush the gold eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep the icy pink eyeshadowas a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Bourbon eyeliner on the lower lash line and the gold eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Extase mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight cheekbones with Beige Tint meteorites with the 165.
For lips, apply Emotion lipstick first, and then layer Prep for Colour lipglass for a complementing lip.