MAC In the Groove Online! (And Alice + Olivia!)
Hey all! It’s 5:30AM PST, but at least now I can fully sleep… LOL. Kept waking up (unintentionally!) every 45 minutes to check. MAC Cosmetics looks like it has it up now! Nordstrom has most of it – the MSF page still isn’t updating to reflect all four, just Comfort. I’ve gotten some reports in that MACPRO also has it up. Alice + Olivia is also up.
Edited @ 6:27am (PST): Officially up with launch pages: Alice + Olivia; In the Groove.
Edited @ 7:30am (PST): Yes, Stereo Rose is showing as sold out (U.S. site). Other retailers (Macy’s, Nordstrom, Dillards, Bloomingdale’s) should have separate stock and come online shortly. If you see one pop up, leave a comment so I can update the most in case I miss it. Nordstrom still isn’t showing the other MSFs online, and I did a LiveChat with them, but nothing helpful yet.
Edited @ 10:14am (PST): Nordstrom is now showing Stereo Rose (along with the other MSFs) available!
Edited @ 8:51pm (PST): I ordered at 6:49am (PST) and my Stereo Rose is on backorder, and while the representative said that since it sold out so fast, they are “trying to get more,” I will remain skeptical. Sadface, since it means I might not have a Stereo Rose to swatch and review for you all. I put one on hold at my local MAC on Saturday, called tonight, and they couldn’t locate it. :( I put another one on hold, but we will have to wait and see if it’s there on Thursday.
FREE SHIPPING: Try using code LASH710 or code MACAO. For Nordstrom beauty orders over $50, you can use the code BEAUTY for $5 shipping; free shipping for $200+ orders.
REVIEWS: All reviews for both collections (In the Groove is only limited reviews right now) here.
Share your hauls in the comments!
P.S. – Stereo Rose and Comfort are *most* flattering for warm skin tones; Petticoat and By Candlelight for cool skin tones — BUT BUT BUT — all four work well on most skin tones in general. Petticoat and By Candlelight are definitely universally flattering, Comfort may turn orange on some, and Stereo Rose is typically flattering on most.
My haul? 1 of everything from In the Groove, plus a couple doubles, so I can photograph, swatch, and review everything! Anything that’s a duplicate was bought to giveaway. Yes, expect giveaways! Don’t even ask how much that cost. You can add it up. I’m pretending like I didn’t see the totals… Yes, totals.
MAC In the Groove Collection
Sneak Preview: In the Groove Collection
Time’s up — will post everything else as soon as I can! This is not the full collection — I’ll be buying the rest when it launches in-store on Thursday, July 8th.
MAC In the Groove Collection
U.S. Launch Date: July 8th, 2010
International Launch Date: July 2010
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Call My Bluff Mid-tone creamy coffee (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
- Jazzed Bright coral pink (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
- Creme de Nude Pale muted peach beige (Cremesheen) (Permanent)
- I Like It Like That Deep blue pink (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
- All Styled Up Bright yellow pink (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
- Go For It Mid-tone blue purple (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
Cremesheen Glass ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- On the Scene Light Coral beige (Limited Edition)
- You’ve Got It Dirty silver grey (Limited Edition)
- Going Casual Sheer lilac (Limited Edition)
- Fashion Whim Light Beige (Limited Edition)
- Right Image Mid-tone blue pink (Limited Edition)
- Chillin’ Light white blue (Limited Edition)
Mineralize Eye Shadow (Trio) ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Love to Love Satin beige/Pearly Bronze/Satin Brown (Limited Edition)
- In the Groove Satin green/Pearly burgundy/Satin coral (Limited Edition)
- Making It Easy Satin red brown/Pearly beige rose/Satin dark beige (Limited Edition)
- Togetherness Satin lavender/Pearly purple/Satin grey (Limited Edition)
- Style Influencer Satin silver/Pearly deep blue/Satin deep mauve brown (Limited Edition)
- Soften the Mood Satin light brown/Pearly rose/Satin light blue (Limited Edition)
- Fresh & Easy Satin pink/Pearly burgundy/Satin grey (Limited Edition)
- Calm, Cool, & Collected Satin deep green/Pearly green/Satin beige (Limited Edition)
- Blue My Mind Satin light blue/Pearly deep teal/Satin black (Limited Edition)
Powerpoint Eye Pencil ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Stubborn Brown Deep Rich Brown (Permanent)
- Permaplum Deep plum with pink shimmer (Permanent)
- Navy Stain Royal blue with shimmer (Permanent)
Zoomlash ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
- Zoomblack Rich Black (Permanent)
Mineralized Skinfinish ($28.00 U.S. / $33.50 CDN)
- By Candlelight Golden pink (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Stereo Rose Coral with golden bronze shimmering nuances (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Comfort Golden bronze (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Petticoat Pale rose with gold and amber veining (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Mineralize Blush (Duo) ($23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN)
- Happy Together Satin caramel/Pearly beige (Limited Edition)
- A Little Bit of Sunshine Satin light brown/Pearly beige (Limited Edition)
- Hang Loose Satin bright pink/Pearly lavender (Limited Edition)
- Band of Roses Satin blue pink/Pearly light plum (Limited Edition)
- New Vibe Satin deep rose/Pearly bronze (Limited Edition)
Brush ($42.00 U.S. / $50.50 CDN)
- 187 Brush A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. Use to create soft layers or add textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.
Upcoming MAC Collections: Summer 2010
Don’t let MAC overwhelm you! Here’s what you can expect over the next few months from MAC. It seems like a lot, but I swear it feels much lighter than last year.
In April, MAC will launch Prep for Colour and Pret-a-Papier as well as repromote Mineralize Eye Shadows. Prep for Colour is a collection centered around prepping and priming products with three new eyeshadows and lipglass in terms of colour. Pret-a-Papier is a full color collection featuring a few repromotes in the launch, but there is one new paint pot (Coral Crepe), as well as a theme of neutrals, corals, and peaches within the collection. This is the bigger launch for April.
In May, we’ll see the release of Superglass, Chromagraphic Pencils, Nudes, Opulash, and To the Beach. However, keep in mind that Chromagraphic Pencils and Nudes are only releasing at PRO stores, which means you cannot find these products at counters or freestanding stores. From my understanding, these PRO only products are permanent, though! Superglass is a medium coverage, ultra glittery gloss–think Dazzleglass but on steroids. Opulash is short and sweet featuring a new mascara only available in one shade (black), and if you’re near a Nordstrom, you can grab it on April 22nd. To the Beach is the biggest launch of May, and I’d go as far as to say it’s the biggest launch of summer, with aqua-green packaging. It’s a full color collection, and I know a few of you have been saving up for this already!
In June, MAC leaves us feeling pretty empty or else they’re being kind and giving you some time to recover. Right now, June only shows a roll out of pigments to counters and additional shades to freestanding stores. Counters do not normally carry pigments, but they will in June. There are also some previously PRO-only shades that will be available at both counters/freestanding locations. Keep in mind that some of them may not be eye-safe, so ask before you purchase…
In July, there’s really only three collections to fret over: In the Groove, Alice + Olivia, and Digi-Pops/Look in a Box aka Nordstrom’s Anniversary Collection. In the Groove is a full color collection, so there is plenty to choose from here so budget accordingly! Alice + Olivia is a short and sweet collection with only nine products (but no repromotes!)–three new dazzleglass cremes, three new pigments (!), and three new nail lacquers. Digi-Pops has three parts, but they’re all part of Nordstrom’s Anniversary Collection, along with Look in a Box. Those with freestanding stores will find iPalette pretty dull, as it is merely a selection of permanent pan eyeshadows for customers to build their own palettes.
I know it seems heavy, but these are really the main collections: Pret-a-Papier (April 22nd), To the Beach (May 27th), In the Groove (July 8th), and Alice + Olivia (July 8th). Digi-Pops will roll out new Dazzle lipsticks (supposedly to be released later on to freestanding stores, but I have no confirmation yet), while the rest of Digi-Pops is standard anniversary fare or primarily repromotes/permanent shades, so it’s not as big as you think. (Oh, and skip the brush sets… buy one or two full-size MAC brushes instead of a set.)
What collection(s) are you looking forward to the most?