MAC to the Beach Sneak Peek! I mean… Faux Peek!
I might not be able to give you a true-and-blue sneak peek, but here’s a faux peek instead. MAC’s To the Beach Collection includes several repromoted/permanent shades, and since I do own a few of those, here are photos and swatches of those products. Just to be clear, none of the products shown are in the limited edition packaging of the actual collection. I don’t own Golden Bronzer or Rosemary & Thyme Eyeliner, but both of these are also permanent shades.
Please know that if I haven’t posted swatches or photos, it’s because I don’t have the products–sometimes I get press samples early, but many times I purchase the products myself when they’re available for sale. Trust me, I wouldn’t hold back from you! 🙂
- Hipness Blush is a soft pink with a hint of coral with a smooth finish–very satiny, not shimmery. It was originally released with the Fafi and MAC collaboration.
- Refined Golden Bronzer is a dirty brown with a very fine golden shimmer strewn through the powder that’s barely noticeable when used. I don’t find it turns orange-y at all, so I like it for a bronzing option. It’s dark enough to work on light to medium dark complexions, but it’s not so dark that it will look drastic on lighter skin tones. This is a permanent product, but I have it because it was released with Style Warriors. (Which also released Solar Riche as the second bronzer in that collection, whereas To the Beach features Golden, also a permanent bronzing shade.)
- Shimmermoss Eyeshadow is a darkened aqua-teal with a frosty sheen. It’s part of MAC’s permanent line, and it’s definitely one of my favorite eyeshadows, too. It’s a shade I think everyone who loves colors and MAC should own. If you depot your products or don’t care about the special packaging, you can snag it in pan form and save a few bucks.
- Humid Eyeshadow is a darkened green with a yellow undertone and slight golden sheen. Like Shimmermoss, it’s a permanent shade, but it’s a classic shade, too. It’s soft, smooth, and has great color pay off. Humid is a must for green fiend like myself!
- Thrills Lipstick is a stunning combination of red-rose and amber-bronze shimmer/frost. It’s a shade you just don’t see often. The only shade that comes close is nearly three times the price–La Prairie’s Rose Bronze (but that’s much pinker, rosier; same effect, but the base color is stronger). This originally launched with Rushmetal, way back in 2007. I don’t even have to see anything else from To the Beach to tell you this is a must-have from it, though. It’s AMAZING!
- Pink Rebel Lustre Drops is a slightly pink-toned peach highlighter. Lustre Drops are, essentially, liquid highlighters. You can use them on your cheeks, brows, decolletage… whatever. You can mix it in with your foundation or moisturizer for an all-over sheen. Naturally, this one suits those with pinker undertones, but it can easily work with warmer complexions as well. Lustre Drops debuted in Style Warriors last year.
- Sun Rush Lustre Drops is a golden peach highlighter. This one is definitely more suitable for those with warmer undertones, but if used sheerly (which is really the best way to use these anyway), it’s not so warm that it would turn orange on cooler undertones.
Availability: May 27th, 2010 in-store, May 24th or 25th for online; Unveiling parties on May 18th at select locations
Let’s get a list going of unveilings happening around the country on May 18th… Comment if you know of any stores that are 🙂
- MAC @ El Segundo, El Segundo, CA
- MAC @ Hillsdale Mall, San Mateo, CA
- MAC @ Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
- MAC @ Bridgeport Village, Portland, OR
- MAC @ Uptown, Albuquerque, NM
- MAC @ The Parks, Arlington, TX
- MAC @ The Domain, Austin, TX
- MAC @ Nordstrom Stone Briar Mall, Dallas, TX (5/22)
- MAC @ Hennepin, Minneapolis, MN
- MAC @ King of Prussia, PA
- MAC @ Natick, Natick, MA
- MAC @ Smithaven Mall, Lake Grove, NY
- MAC @ Montague, Brooklyn, NY
- MAC @ 125th Street, Harlem, NY
- MAC @ Columbus, NYC, NY
- MAC @ Gardens, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- MAC @ Kingsway, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- MAC @ Robson, Vancouver, Canada
- MAC @ Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada