Front Lit, High Strung, Hold the Pose, Lovin’ It, Full Body Lipsticks
MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection: Lipsticks
Five different lipstick shades are available with the MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection: Front Lit, High Strung, Hold the Pose, Lovin’ It, and Full Body. None of the new lipsticks really called out to me–they were a bit too blah, I suppose. I actually found Front Lit the one that intrigued me most, just because it has a very pretty shimmer to it, but it’s certainly not a must-have. Lip swatches will be posted tomorrow
- Front Lit is a sheer, frosty gold shimmer shade. It doesn’t add much color, but it does add a lot of shimmer.
- High Strung is a sheer brassy rose with golden shimmer with a frosty finish. This is a permanent shade.
- Hold the Pose is a sheer brown-plummy shade with soft golden shimmer and a bit of glossiness. It has a lustre finish, which is why I was expecting it to be sheer. It gives my lips a bit of a rosy plum look, but otherwise, it doesn’t add much to my lips.
- Lovin’ It is a neutral brownish-coral with a light frosty sheen. It’s a lustre finish, so it applies sheerly.
- Full Body is a semi-sheer, dark plummy shade with red tones. Also a lustre, this particular shade does pack a bit more color than the average lustre finish.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: Muted, fall tones reign supreme in this collection–if you love the lustre finish, then definitely check these out!
See up-close photos and swatches… Continue reading →