MAC Cool Heat Eyeshadow
MAC By Request – Eyeshadows Review, Photos, Swatches
MAC By Request is a collection that’s voted on by the fans–there are 18 shades of lipstick, lipglass, and eyeshadow that MAC has listed for grabs, and your votes will determine the top three from each product type that will go on to be launched in an online exclusive, limited edition collection in August. Voting is open and closes on March 30th and users can vote once per product category per day. Not sure where to cast your vote? These are the six that are up for voting, and these just arrived from MAC – all the labels just say “sample” on the back, so I don’t know if these were a recent production or if these were from original runs. I’m thinking they’re probably from short runs – perhaps just to ensure the colors could still be made or have the recipes ready to go into production as soon as voting is over.
- Cool Heat is a blue with a hint of teal. This has a frost finish. The color payoff is good, and the texture is soft and smooth–it has more of a satin-like finish than a true frost one. Urban Decay Haight is a bit bluer. Inglot #338 is ver similar but matte.
- Guacamole is a light-medium almost cool-toned green with golden shimmer (so it ends up looking warmer). This has a frost finish. Out of all of these green eyeshadows, only Make Up For Ever #34 comes close, and it’s a bit yellower. It had good pigmentation and a soft texture.
- Heavenly Bliss is a medium brown with a champagne-gold sheen. This has a frost finish. It has a very smooth, soft feel and goes on like butter. Bare Escentuals Buxom Mutt is similar, just a little less warm. Urban Decay Suspect is grayer. Urban Decay Spotlight is lighter.
- Jete is a pinky brown with a frosted, metallic shimmer-sheen. This has a veluxe pearl finish. The texture was soft and smooth, while the color payoff was nice. Make Up For Ever #16 is a bit redder. Giorgio Armani Sweet Fire is a bit pinker.
- Moth Brown is a purple-tinted gray with a shimmery finish. This has a frost finish. Again, the texture on this one was soft, smooth, and the color applied beautifully. MAC Howzat is lighter and less intense. MAC Moody is a bit darker, less shimmered.
- Solar White is a pink-tinted white with a yellow gold shimmer and sheen. This has a frost finish. It looks surprisingly pink in the pot, but it doesn’t translate when swatched very well (which may be a good or bad thing, depending on what you want). Shades like Tarina Tarantino Delightful come close, but they’re more integrated, while this really has a sheen to it. Make Up For Ever #101 comes the closest, and it’s pretty close.
The texture on all six was really, really good, actually. I was pleasantly surprised, because lately, MAC’s eyeshadows have been more hit-or-miss. These were nice–soft/smooth textures, good color payoff. I managed to cram five of the six into one look, and they wore beautifully all day long (with a primer), and there was only marginal fading after eight hours without a base.
Just for fun, here are some shades I think would have been nice to bring back: All Races (All Ages, All Races, All Sexes ’10), Atlas (Shades of Venus ’98), Bang on Blue (C-Shock ’07), Casa Blanca (Salsabelle ’04), Cinders (Luxuries ’05), Cosmic (Moonbathe ’07), Elite (Belle Azure ’05), Eyepopping (C-Shock ’07), Fab & Flashy (C-Shock ’07), Femme-fi (Neo Sci-Fi ’08), Firespot (Moonbathe ’07), Goldbit (Tantress ’04), Icebox (Merry MAC-Mas ’00), Meadowland (Madame B. ’05), Metamorph (Madame B. ’05), Queen’s Jewel (Antiquitease ’07), Say Yeah (Rebel Rock ’05), Tease ‘n’ Teal (Luxuries ’05), Whistle (Barbie Loves MAC ’07), and Wondergrass (C-Shock ’07).
If I’m remembering correctly, I only own half of these in their original forms, but I will do what comparisons I can! I absolutely know without a doubt that I don’t have Heavenly Bliss, though! I didn’t even recognize the name when MAC announced the collection. I didn’t get into MAC until 2005!
|It's actually a bummer that these aren't all making it into production for fall, because the quality of these eyeshadows is so much better than some of the past year's launches! The color payoffs and textures were good across the board.|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|