Colorful Makeup: Green, Teal, & Blue
I envisioned a green, teal, and blue combination, and I really went from there for this look. I’m also trying to work on using permanent or recently released products in my looks, so, even though it was unplanned and totally coincidental, this look is very much like the theme of Build-a-Quad: “The Tropics.”
Happy Monday! I usually love Mondays, but it’s my first day back at school since I’ve been on winter break for the past two weeks… sigh. It’s so hard to get back into the swing of things, you know? Boo school!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Teal Pigment (teal base), MAC Juxt Eyeshadow (soft spring-y green), MAC Shimmermoss Eyeshadow (teal), MAC Freshwater Eyeshadow (blue), MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow (dark blue), MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow (green-toned gold), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay El Dorado 24/7 Liner (gold), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Powder (peachy-pink)
- Lips: MAC Freckletone Lipstick (peach-toned nude), NARS Orgasm Lipgloss (sheer peachy-pink shimmer)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 217 (fluffy blending brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom
For eyes, start by putting a drop of water-based mixing medium (or water) on your brush, then apply Teal pigment as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Juxt eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Shimmermoss eyeeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Freshwater eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Deep Truth eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. With the 217, gently apply Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow above the innerlid and towards the brow bone. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying El Dorado Liner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Freckletone lipstick first, and then layer Orgasm lipgloss for a glossy lip look.
Build a Quad: “The Tropics”
One of my all-time favorite color pairings is green, teal, and blue. There’s just something so fun and youthful about it–it’s a combination I find myself going back to over and over again. The quad includes MAC Freshwater Eyeshadow (a medium dark blue frost), MAC Shimmermoss Eyeshadow (a shimmery dark teal), MAC Juxt Eyeshadow (a summery yellow-green), and MAC Shroom Eyeshadow (a soft, lightly shimmered highlighter). But… but… if I had my way, I would do away with Shroom and bring in MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow.
You can always mix it up, too — if you have similar shades, whether they’re limited edition, another brand, or what-have-you, there’s nothing wrong with swapping in a yellow-green substitute for Juxt. You could easily add a brighter pop of green like MAC Sour Lemon Eyeshadow if you so desire. It doesn’t really change the theme of the quad, but you can change it up and make it your own.
A few combinations to try with this…
- Juxt on the inner half of the lid, Freshwater on the outer half of the lid, Shimmermoss in the crease, Shroom as a highlighter
- Juxt all over the lid, Shimmermoss on the outer corner and crease, Shroom as a highlighter
- Shroom all over the lid, Juxt slightly layered over, Freshwater in the crease, and Shroom as a highlighter
A few looks I’ve done that can be replicated with these shades…
Build a Quad is a feature focusing on creating different eyeshadow palettes that are both beautiful and functional using permanent shades of eyeshadow. We invite readers to suggest their own build-a-quads — just leave your ideas in the comments! Don’t forget to name your quad!
P.S. – It’s great that the response to this feature has been so overwhelmingly encouraging and positive, and I’d really love to hear from you as to how often you’d like to see it pop up per week. (Once, twice, everyday?) I want to try and see what might work best Thank you!
See swatches… Continue reading →
Who remembers the Alexander McQueen collection by MAC? It was a small launch, but it had pops of bright color. These days, I regret not picking up the paint pots, but such is life. At the time, I passed on pretty much the entire collection, but this is a look I did to convince myself I didn’t need to buy anything. This look is from October 2007, for your reference. It’s hard not to love the combination of greens and blues and see why I used to do so many!
About the Look
I used Blue pigment on lid, Overgrown eyeshadow on inner lid, Shimmermoss eyeshadow on middle of lid, A Bluer Blue eyeshadow on outer lid and crease, Juxt eyeshadow above crease, Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow on brow, Blue Herizon liquidlast liner on lower lash line, Freshwater eyeshadow on outer lower lash line, Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow on inner lower lash line, and Feline kohl power on lower waterline. I wore Cantaloupe blush with Peach Haze beauty powder on cheeks with Emote blush to contour. I had Style It Up lipstick with Guava pro gloss and Reflects Bronze glitter on my lips.
See more images! Continue reading →
Another look I really should be patient and space out my looks, since I don’t do my makeup everyday, but I can’t resist. I must admit, I’m terrible at holding things back, LOL! I tried false eyelashes again, and while I was able to make them work, it didn’t go quite as smoothly (nor as quickly) as the day before. I definitely need to throw this pair of 7s away, though, because one is totally shot! (By the way, still wearing Korres’ Watermelon Tinted Moisturizer in this look.)
Happy Monday! Hope your day is amazing!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Kelly Green pigment (medium green), Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow (green-cast gold), Bio-Green eyeshadow (medium green), Prussian eyeshadow (dark blue), Atlantic Blue eyeshadow (bright violet-blue), Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlighter), #7 lashes (false eyelashes), Shade fluidline (dark forest green), Urban Decay Graffiti 24/7 Liner (green), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Laura Geller Golden Apricot blush (peachy-pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Brave New Bronze lipstick (pinky nude), Tartlette lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom; Brave New Bronze = Velvet Teddy; Tartlette = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Kelly Green pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Bio-Green eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Atlantic Blue eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Prussian eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Graffiti Liner on lower lash line, and Shade fluidline on the upper lash line using the 209. Apply #7 lashes to upper lash line, then lightly apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Laura Geller Golden Apricot blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Brave New Bronze lipstick to lips, and then top with Tartlette lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
5 Must-Have Yellow/Gold MAC Eyeshadows
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Chrome Yellow eyeshadow is about as yellow as they come. Matte in texture, smooth in finish, Chrome Yellow has been a long-time favorite for those who can make it work.
Goldmine eyeshadow is a deliciously true-gold color. It’s shimmery and frosty and everything I think gold should be. I would say this gold runs slightly orange over yellow, though. I still think it’s a pretty dead-on gold replication.
Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow is a green-cast gold that works really well with green, teals, and blues. It’s a nice way to lighten those shades or accent them.
See two more, plus pairing recommendations… Continue reading →
Yet another old look! I did this around mid-November, I think, but I made the worst mistake! So, I did all the makeup so I could post on the blog, but I started removing my makeup before I had taken full-face photos. My total apologies for the way the full-face photos turned out, because I only realized my error after I had removed one eye. I tried to hide it using my hair, but it didn’t go so well, LOL. But hopefully you get the idea.
Now, I better get my butt back to studying. My three-hour final starts at 1PM, and it is worth 100% of my grade! Wish me luck
P.S. – Somehow comments got disabled on this post, but they’re allowed now Sorry about that!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Azreal pigment (soft blue-aqua), Aquavert eyeshadow (soft aqua), Shimmermoss eyeshadow (teal), Electric Eel eyeshadow (bright blue), Freshwater eyeshadow (medium blue), Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow (green-gold), Prescriptives Blue Grotto liner (forest green-blue), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (soft peach)
- Lips: Ravishing lipstick (coral-orange), Pink Grapefruit lipglass (coral-pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Azreal = Blue + Frozen White; Aquavert = Tilt; Enough Said = bronzer, Pink Grapefruit = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Azreal pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Aquavert eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Shimmermoss eyeshadow to the middle of the lid, then overlay partiall with Electric Eel eyeshadow. Darken the outer lid using Freshwater eyeshadow and drag into crease using the 239. Darken crease with Freshwater eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Prescriptives’ Blue Grotto liner on lower lash line then smudge with Freshwater eyeshadow using the 219, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said blush using the 129. Apply Ravishing lipstick to lips, and then top with Pink Grapefruit lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →