Wonder Woman Comparison “Session”
MAC Wonder Woman: Blush and Mineralize Skinfinish Comparisons & Dupes
Here are comparisons for the blushes and mineralize skinfinishes! If I did not compare something, the most likely reason is because I do not own it.
- AMAZON PRINCESS (magenta side) is a lighter version of Her Blooming Cheek, while Band of Roses is less blue-based.
- AMAZON PRINCESS (redder side) is closest to New Vibe, which is slightly less intense. Band of Roses is a darker red with no coral. NARS Sin doesn’t compare.
- MIGHTY APHRODITE (pink coral side) is similar to Guerlain Blush G (pink side, not mixed) and NARS Deep Throat, which is a little less pink. Ripe Peach is more orange-based (this used equal parts of it; if you used the darker half, then it would be more similar). Benefit Bella Bamba is pinker, while Bite of an Apple is redder and darker (nothing alike).
- MIGHTY APHRODITE (red coral side) is pinker than Bite of an Apple.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (highlighting side) did not compare to any other highlighter I owned, because it has a very strong yellow base. It’s kindof like using Goldmine eyeshadow as a highlighter. NARS Albatross, for example, goes on as a white gold.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (bronzing side) is darker and less golden than both Comfort and Sunny by Nature. Gold Deposit is bronzy in comparison. A Little Bit of Sunshine is cooler and darker. Cheeky Bronze is similar in color but the gold shimmer makes it appear lighter.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (blushing side)is a touch darker than A Little Bit of Sunshine.
- PINK POWER (highlighting side) is paler than both Perfect Topping and Happy Together, which appear more beige.
- PINK POWER (bronzing side) is less golden than both Comfort and Sunny by Nature.
- PINK POWER (blushing side) has less pink than both Springsheen and NARS Super Orgasm.
MAC Golden Lariat Mineralize Skinfinish
MAC Wonder Woman: Golden Lariat Mineralize Skinfinish
MAC GOLDEN LARIAT MINERALIZE SKINFINISH ($35.00 for 0.70 oz.) is a super-mega-jumbo-sized tri-colored mineralize skinfinish. MAC describes the colors as true coral with fine gold shimmer, soft suntanned bronze, and soft gold with fine shimmer.
The oversize mineralize skinfinish does allow for easy use of each color individually, and I could see mixing and matching, though they’re wearable on an individual level. The way I looked at these mineralize skinfinishes was they included a “highlighter” shade, “bronzing” shdae, and “blushing” shade.
There is a yellowed gold with pale white-gold shimmer that seems best used as a highlighter (virtually colorless when applied with a blush on my medium skin tone), while the middle shade is a reddened brown with a pearly sheen and seems more appropriate for bronzing (should work nicely on darker skin tones in particular). The final shade is a lightened rusted orange with pale gold shimmer and sheen; it’s less shimmery than the “highlighter” but more pigmented and does best as a blush–too much color to highlight, too orange to bronze.
my thoughts on the formula: Mineralize Skinfinishes can be used for a variety of things–from blush to bronzer to highlighter. The way you use it depends on your skin tone, how pigmented the particular shade of mineralize skinfinish is, the texture, and what you want to use it for. These are baked products, so they can be used wet or dry without fear of ruining the product. The texture is soft, but the fineness of the shimmer depends on the individual shade. Stippling brushes like the 187 and 188 are ideal for applying mineralize skinfinishes.
Normally, mineralize skinfinishes retail for $28 (0.35 oz.), so this is double the size for $7 more. To put it simply, you’re paying $50/oz. rather than $80/oz. Whether you’ll ever use all whopping 0.70 oz. of it depends on you! It does feel huge, though, and the size makes it less convenient to tote around in your bag or makeup bag. I also think that for its gigantic-size, I would have loved to see a mirror included.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 10/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 3/5
final thoughts: I like this best for warmer, more golden complexions. It reminded me somewhat of Cheeky Bronze Mineralize Skinfinish, because of the orange-y pull of the shades. I think this product is good but not great–keep in mind that ultimately the value metric boosts up the overall rating of this product.
where to buy: MAC Cosmetics