Dare to Wear Look: Yellow, Green, Blue
I gave false eyelashes another try. I’m proud to say I was at least able to get them on decently without 2 hours lapsing! They’re not perfect (both are a little high), but I tried to compensate by dabbing Blacktrack between my lashes and the false lashes. I will say that it’s not noticeable from a normal viewing distance — but up close, you can kind of tell (even with my “fix”). But for me, I’m pretty satisfied, since normally, it takes me 45 minutes to get one on, and by that point, the makeup is either so messed up or I’m so defeated I give up. (And trust, I have watched a bajillion tutorials, know all the tips, and I still struggle.) I should have also used more glue, because after 10 minutes, the edges seemed to pull back a bit. I only wore this for twenty minutes or so, as my upper lash line was itching something fierce.
While I aspire to always be better at everything I do, inevitably, I don’t always get things perfect — but it’s part of the learning process, and I don’t mind sharing my journey with all of you! 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Going Bananas Eyeshadow (light yellow), MAC Lime Eyeshadow (muted chartreuse), MAC Zingy Eyeshadow (medium bright blue), MAC Sassy Grass Eyeshadow (grassy green), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (medium dark blue), Urban Decay Darlin’ False Eyelashes (black), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Springsheen Blush (pinky coral), theBalm Mary Lou-manizer (highlighter)
- Lips: MAC So Bad Dare to Wear Lipglass (melon coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Going Bananas = Nylon + Goldmine; Zingy = Electric Eel; Sassy Grass = Landscape Green; So Bad = Lychee Luxe
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Going Bananas eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Lime eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. Apply Zingy eyeshadow on the outer third of the lid with the 239 and lightly bring into outer crease. Next, apply Sassy Grass eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara. Add false lashes if desired.
For cheeks, apply Springsheen blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then lightly pat Mary Lou-manizer on the cheekbones.
For lips, apply So Bad lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!