It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a look, yeah? The reason behind that is I’ve really been trying to get my skin back into shape ever since it went wacko after using Smashbox Photofinish Primer. From around July or August of ’08, I had amazing, clear skin for the first time in my life. Around December, I used the primer, and then my skin went in reverse–tiny flesh-colored pimples on my cheeks accompanied by larger, painful (and more noticeable, unfortunately) ones, as well.
I saw a dermatologist at the end of January, who pretty much told me to stop doing the blog or my skin would never get better. (Among other reasons, I will not go back to see her.) She did give me two prescription products to use, but they rang up to be $400, so I said, “Let me exhaust some other alternatives!” LOL.
I’ve been using Mario Badescu products for the past three weeks now, and I can tell you that my face is on track to normal (review of amazing MB products forthcoming). I have some post-acne marks that are fading, and then just two or three (on my *entire* face) that I have to deal with. Part of the skin regimen was to avoid makeup at all costs, just because I wanted to give my skin time to breathe, heal, and recover. It will also help me assess whether anything I’m using regularly is a culprit. I expect to start doing more full looks soon, but clearer/manageable skin is priority numero uno for now. I know you all understand
For the Hello Kitty event on the 3rd, I did sport full makeup for the first time in at least two weeks, so this look is what I wore to the event! BTW, does anyone else feel really awkward and rusty after not doing any eyeshadow in *weeks*? Because I felt like a two year old with a paint brush in my hands, LOL!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Fuchsia pigment (hot pink base), Firespot eyeshadow (orange), Passionate eyeshadow (hot pink), Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), Contrast eyeshadow (dark purple), Hush eyeshadow (neutral beige-pink highlighter), Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner (dark purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Petalpoint blush (pink-raspberry)
- Lips: Lavender Whip lipstick (lavender-lilac), Crystal Rose lipglass (light fuchsia-purple)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Firespot = Melon; Petalpoint = Dollymix; Lavender Whip = no dupe; Crystal Rose = Cultured
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Fuchsia pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Firespot eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Passionate eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Contrast eyeshadow and drag into crease using the 239. Overlay Contrast with Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Hush underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Firespot eyeshadow on lower lash line, Urban Decay Ransom Liner on lower water line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Petalpoint blush using the 129. Apply Lavender Whip lipstick to lips, and then top with Crystal Rose lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos!