Look: Warmed-up, Smoked-out Greens
I was in a green mood, so I opted to go for yellow-based greens with a smoky edge!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Golden Olive Pigment (olive green), MAC Goldmine Eyeshadow (true gold), MAC Juxt Eyeshadow (light yellow-green), MAC Humid Eyeshadow (forest green), MAC Femme-Noir Eyeshadow (matte dark green), MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (matte dark green), neutral highlighter), Make Up For Ever #17L Aqua Eye Liner (light green), MAC Feline Kohl Power (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Korres Tinted Moisturizer (#2)
- Cheeks: Dolce & Gabbana Nude Blush (soft beige-pink)
- Lips: MAC Fresh Salmon Lipstick (pinky coral), MAC Gold Dust Lipglass (sheer orange-gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme Noir = Humid + Carbon; Fresh Salmon = See Sheer (lightly); Feline = Graphblack; Gold Dust = Instant Gold
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Next, apply a secondary base of Golden Olive pigment on the lid only with water-based mixing medium. Using the 239, apply Goldmine eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Juxt eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Humid eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Apply Femme Noir eyeshadow into the outer crease with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Nylon eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #20L eyeliner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Nude blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Fresh Salmon lipstick first, and then layer Gold Dust lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
I didn’t love this look as far as green looks go (not enough dimension), but at least I tried a different lip combo — you know, not something traditionally medium coral! My weekend is a bit of a bummer, so I hope yours is way better! I didn’t realize it until Wednesday in class, but I have an accounting midterm on Monday — so off to study group I go today for a few hours. Of course, more studying on Sunday and Monday 😉 My only reprieve seems to be dinner with my parents to celebrate my Mom’s birthday. Boo!!
What are your weekend plans? Let me live through you vicariously!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Golden Olive pigment (olive green base), Juxt eyeshadow (pastel green), Sumptuous Olive eyeshadow (olive green), Humid eyeshadow (forest green), Femme Noir (matte dark green), Nylon eyeshadow (frosty white-yellow), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (white), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: NARS Super Orgasm blush (soft peach-pink)
- Lips: Antiquitease lipstick (coppery reddish brown), Moonstone lipglass (sheer peach-pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Antiquitease = O; Moonstone = Moonstone lipgelee
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Golden Olive pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Juxt eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Sumptuous Olive eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Humid and drag into crease using the 239. Darken crease with Femme Noir eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Nylon underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Super Orgasm blush using the 129. Apply Antiquitease lipstick to lips, and then top with Moonstone lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos!
So, yesterday, I thought my shirt was green (apparently, it was brown, but it kept flickering between brown/dark green depending on the light), so I went with green. At least brown goes with most colors, though I didn’t notice the mascara smudges on the lower lash line until after photos, but I *did* clean it up before I went out, LOL.
Hope your Monday is off to a good start!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Vintage Gold pigment (antique gold), Lucky Green eyeshadow (shimmery medium green), Scarab eyeshadow (dark olive green), Fiction eyeshadow (gray-olive), Femme Noir eyeshadow (matte dark green), Nylon eyeshadow (white-gold highlighter), Feline kohl power (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Suncentered Colour Forms Powder (peachy-orange)
- Lips: By Degrees slimshine (pink with a bit of mauve), She-Gold lipglass (sheer gold shimmer)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 272 (fluffy angled crease brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Vintage Gold = Gold Metal; Lucky Green = Bio Green; Scarab = Sumptuous Olive; Fiction = Greensmoke; Femme Noir = Flourishing; Feline = Graphblack; Suncentered = Peachykeen, By Degrees = Long Stem Rose; She-Gold = Instant Gold
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Vintage Gold pigment all over the lid as the base with the 239. On the inner lid, apply Lucky Green eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Scarab eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Fiction and drag into crease using the 239. Define crease with Femme Noir eyeshadow using the 272 to lightly blend it in. Sweep Nylon underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Feline kohl power on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Suncentered using the 129. Apply By Degrees slimshine to lips, and then top with She-Gold lipglass for shimmer and shine.
I don’t think I’ve done three days of makeup in quite awhile! For some reason, the upper “liner” is 1) not very prominent, 2) looks separated from my lash line even though when I applied, it looked fine. Don’t you hate when you’re all good to go, then you upload photos, and you’re like, “Oh, oops!” I had a totally different vision for the upper liner (I wanted something dark but glimmering with gold flecks), so maybe it was all the stuff I did to it that made it kind of wonky in the end, LOL.
Thanks for all the encouragement, I always appreciate it It really does inspire me!
I used Emerald Green pigment all over lid, Goldmine eyeshadow on inner crease, Wondergrass eyeshadow on lid, Humid eyeshadow on middle of lid, Carbon eyeshadow on outer lid and crease, Goldmine eyeshadow above crease, Golden Lemon pigment dusted all over lid (then gently swished over the lid, going back and intensifying the original colors of Wondergrass & Humid), Nylon eyeshadow on brow bone to highlight, Femme Noir eyeshadow along upper lash line, Blitzed glitter liner along upper lash line, Carbon eyeshadow along upper lash line, Feline kohl power on lower waterline/lash line, Goldmine eyeshadow on inner tearduct and inner lower lash line, Humid eyeshadow on outer lower lash line, and Plushblack plushlash mascara on lashes (top and bottom). I wore Other Worldly blush with Daisydust beauty powder on cheeks. I had Brew lipstick with Pink Grapefruit lipglass dusted with Reflects Bronze glitter on lips.
I think I’m actually going to be late to school because I’m posting this, LOL! I have about… eight minutes to shower and get ready before I need to be out the door. Seriously, do you ever just get caught up doing internet-related things, whether it be browsing or writing someone an email? I always fall prey to it! Ask my boyfriend – he has to drag me away from Temptalia sometimes or else nothing in my life would get done! (Honestly, it’s not quite THAT bad!) Anyway, I did this look on Saturday, figuring I’d give Soft Ochre paint pot a shot (despite the huge paint pot following, I am not among it), and I rather liked how it ended up coming together. Happy hump day – hope you all are having a fab week! I hate Wednesdays, mostly because it’s my longest day of school (9am-4pm), and STARBUCKS! is the only thing that can get me through these kinds of days. *edited to add* Totally wasn’t late to school. In fact, five minutes early!
I used Soft Ochre paint pot on lid, Nanogold eyeshadow on inner lid, Goldmine eyeshadow on middle of lid, Velvet Moss eyeshadow on outer lid, Femme Noir eyeshadow on outer crease, Nanogold eyeshadow above crease, Ricepaper eyeshadow on brow, and Feline kohl power on lower lash line. I wore Margin blush with Light Flush mineralize skinfinish to highlight on my cheeks. I had Tiger Tiger lipstick with Vital Spark lipglass and Tres Cher lipglass on my lips.