Look: Warmed-up, Smoked-out Greens
I was in a green mood, so I opted to go for yellow-based greens with a smoky edge!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Golden Olive Pigment (olive green), MAC Goldmine Eyeshadow (true gold), MAC Juxt Eyeshadow (light yellow-green), MAC Humid Eyeshadow (forest green), MAC Femme-Noir Eyeshadow (matte dark green), MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (matte dark green), neutral highlighter), Make Up For Ever #17L Aqua Eye Liner (light green), MAC Feline Kohl Power (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Korres Tinted Moisturizer (#2)
- Cheeks: Dolce & Gabbana Nude Blush (soft beige-pink)
- Lips: MAC Fresh Salmon Lipstick (pinky coral), MAC Gold Dust Lipglass (sheer orange-gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme Noir = Humid + Carbon; Fresh Salmon = See Sheer (lightly); Feline = Graphblack; Gold Dust = Instant Gold
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Next, apply a secondary base of Golden Olive pigment on the lid only with water-based mixing medium. Using the 239, apply Goldmine eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Juxt eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Humid eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Apply Femme Noir eyeshadow into the outer crease with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Nylon eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #20L eyeliner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Nude blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Fresh Salmon lipstick first, and then layer Gold Dust lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
Dark Neutrals: Smoky Brown Eyes
This is probably my last look dedicated to MAC’s Warm & Cozy Collection. I’m pretty sure my next look is going to use some *color* as the past few have all been fairly neutral, given the theme of Warm & Cozy. I’ve never been a huge fan of using super dark bases overall, just because I’ve always found they have a tendency to eat color and not enhance it as much as lighter bases can do. Relaxed seemed to work best when layered with shimmery eyeshadows, rather than softer, more satiny shades.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Relaxed Shadestick (shimmery chocolate brown), MAC Modelette Eyeshadow (soft medium brown), MAC Mulled Cider Eyeshadow (dark red-toned brown), MAC Coppering Eyeshadow (dark orange-red), MAC Antiqued Eyeshadow (coppery brown), MAC Embark Eyeshadow (dark matte red-brown), MAC Chamomile Eyeshadow (matte beige), MAC Feline Kohl Power (black), MAC Goldmine Eyeshadow (gold), Dior DiorShow Extase Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Chanel Imprevu Blush (dirty copper), Chanel Empreinte de Chanel (gold highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Warm Me Up Lipstick (pinked coral), MAC Feelin’ Dreamy Lipglass (milky pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Relaxed = Constructivist; Modelette = Era; Mulled Cider = Folie; Chamomile = Blanc Type; Feline = Graphblack; Warm Me Up = Cosmo; Feelin’ Dreamy = Dreamy
Directions: Start by applying Relaxed shadestick as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Modelette eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Mulled Cider eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Coppering eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Antiqued eyeshadow with the 226. To add more depth, tap and lightly blend in Embark eyeshadow in the crease with the 219. Lightly tap and brush Modelette eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Chamomile eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Feline kohl power on the lower waterline and Goldmine eyeshadow on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with DiorShow Extase mascara.
For cheeks, apply Imprevu blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. To highlight, apply Empreinte de Chanel lightly over the cheekbones with the 165.
For lips, apply Warm Me Up lipstick first, and then layer Feelin’ Dreamy lipglass for a lighter lip.