MAC Cosmetics Fall Trend F/W ’09 Collection
As designers deepen their fascination with all things architectural, from Raf Simon’s structural dresses for Jil Sander to the futuristic, constructed ‘pod’ shoes that we saw at Balenciaga, so too goes the modern face.
The shapes and steely colours in this collection are an expression of the trend, an ode to the strength of a woman, rendered with true architectural precision. The geometry of eyes in graphic, graphite tones of grey with the beguiling blue sheen of an elegant grid of sky-reflecting windows on a stunning concrete skyscraper, Trend F/W ’09 is a living tower of power! Lips are dark or seductively nude. The fragrance? Asphalt Flower, a limited-life scent as bold and urbane as the modern metropolis.
Fragrance ($20.00 U.S. / $24.00 CDN)
- Asphalt Flower Glossy violet and iris petals cast an ebonized sheen over dark clouds of vanilla and patchouli like a shimmering lace veil this scent caresses and envelops of glamour and drama. Top note: violet, ylang; Mid: iris, heliotrope; Dry: olibanum, patchouli, vanilla.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Red Full Stop Bright neon coral (Lustre)
- Hipster Burgundy with frost (Frost)
- Faultlessly F/W Blackened blue violet (Amplified)
- Our Pick Cement taupe grey (Satin)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Runway Fave Grey tone neutral with high pearl (Frost)
- New Berry Deep plum (Cream)
- So This Season Deep blue violet (Cream)
Eyeshadow x4: Tone: Grey ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)
- Tone: Grey Dirty grey (Satin)
- Waft Dark smoky blue grey (Frost)
- A Warmer White Pale green grey (Satin)
- The Right Smoke Rich blue with white pearl (Frost)
Availability: September 17th, 2009 at all North American MAC locations. October 2009 for International MAC locations.
See more promotional photos… Continue reading →