Summer Makeup: Molten Lava Goes To the Beach
Happy Thursday, everyone! I hope everyone’s been having a fantastic week — almost to the weekend (a long one, if you’re in the U.S., too!). I totally went to my comfort zone with this look — metallic, bronzy, coppery shades. I can’t remember if I’ve done a look like this recently, but I don’t think I’ve done it usually mostly permanent eyeshadows! I snuck some To the Beach products in there, in honor of the official launch.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Free Love Eyeshadow (melon-peach), MAC Firecracker Eyeshadow (reddish coral), MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow (copper), MAC Bronze Eyeshadow (bronze), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (white-gold), MAC Goldmine Eyeshadow (gold), MAC Rich Ground Fluidline (copper), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper), MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Get-Away Bronze Blush (reddish bronze)
- Lips: MAC Thrills Lipstick (rosy copper), MAC Easy Lounger Lipglass (sheer pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Firecracker = Paradisco; Get-Away Bronze = = Format; Thrills = La Prairie Rose Bronze; Easy Lounger = Prr
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Free Love eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid, then lightly layer with Goldmine eyeshadow and blend upwards into the tearduct. Lightly blend Firecracker eyeshadow on the outer half of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Bronze eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. With the 239, apply Amber Lights eyeshadow into the lower crease and then blended towards the outer corner and lid. Blend Nylon eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Lucky eyeliner on the lower lash line and Black Black pencil on the lower waterline. Line the upper lash line with Rich Ground fluidline applied with the 208; then pat Goldmine eyeshadow on top to lighten. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Get-Away Bronze blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Thrills lipstick first, and then layer Easy Lounger lipglass for a complementing lip.