MAC Dish It Up Lipstick
MAC Shop MAC, Cook MAC: Lipsticks
The collection features six limited edition shades of MAC Lipstick ($14.50 for 0.10 oz.). These shades include: Dish It Up (berry pink), Innocence, Beware! (light yellow pink), Naughty Saute (bright pepto pink), Quick Sizzle (bright pink), Runaway Red (rich red-blue), and Watch Me Simmer (bright pink-orange).
- Dish It Up is a muted, medium-dark fuchsia-plum with semi-opaque color coverage and a natural sheen. It has a lustre finish, so it’s supposed to be semi-sheer and moisturizing. I don’t find the finish to be hydrating; I actually find it a bit drying. The color coverage is actually much more than anticipated based on the finish. MAC Plum Bright is much, much darker and less pink. MAC Hot Gossip is lighter and pinker. MAC Love Forever is brighter, pinker, bluer-based. MAC Something New was the most similar but still pinker and more vibrant.
- Innocence, Beware! is a pink-tinted pale, fleshy beige with subtle pink micro-shimmer and a natural sheen. It has a cremesheen finish and yields mostly opaque color coverage. MAC Naked Bliss is a few shades darker and less pink. Maybelline Born With It is a bit less pink. MAC Hue is less pink-toned.
- Naughty Saute is a vibrant blue-based light-medium pink with a good amount of sheen. It really does resemble Pepto Bismol. It has a cremesheen finish. It has a lot of glide and slip, so it doesn’t always apply evenly around the edges. MAC Viva Glam Gaga is much lighter. MAC All Styled Up is much lighter, less blue-toned. MAC Pink Friday is just as blue-based, but it’s lighter.
- Quick Sizzle is a bright blue-based fuchsia pink with opaque color coverage. It has a matte finish. It’s not one of the dry-type of mattes; it’s creamy and applies evenly without pulling at lips. Make Up For Ever #203 is slightly pinker, less blue-based. MAC Show Orchid is less pink, iridescent. Milani Rose Hip is slightly lighter. NARS Schiap looks about the same. MAC Candy Yum Yum is more magenta, less pink. OCC Pretty Boy is darker. MAC Rare Exotic is darker, pinker. MAC Pink Pigeon is more fuchsia.
- Runaway Red is a medium-dark blue-based red with a subtle fuchsia sheen. It’s mostly opaque on lips, but there is a hint of translucence. It has a satin finish. Make Up For Ever #48 and MAC Dark Side are browner. Guerlain Gwen is closer but not quite as dark. MAC Digna is similar but not as opaque.
- Watch Me Simmer is a vibrant coral that leans just a tinge pink but comes across as a truer coral. It has an amplified finish. MAC Ultra Darling is pinker and less vibrant. Wet ‘n’ Wild Hot Paris Pink is pinker. OCC Trollop is slightly pinker. Make Up For Ever #37 is a bit darker. Chanel Phoenix is a touch darker. Bite Beauty Rose is slightly more orange. MAC Full Speed is very similar. VS Be Mine is pinker.
MAC lipsticks are vanilla-scented and tend to wear three to four hours on me on average. Finishes like lustres tend to disappear within two hours, but I suspect the more opaque Dish It Up should get to around three hours. Matte, satin, and amplified finishes tend to wear four to five hours, and some of the darker and more intense shades, like Quick Sizzle and Runaway Red, tend to last six hours or longer and typically stain the lips a little.
P.S. — If you’re worried about not being able to snag some of the lipsticks, because some have sold out on MAC’s website, the collection is still due to launch at other retailers, like Nordstrom, Macy’s, etc. as well as in-stores.
|The two shades that sold out so quickly were the two shades I found most dupeable, so hopefully that's good news for those of you who were disappointed to see them sell so quickly! These are pretty much on target with other MAC lipsticks; no real discrepancies (good or bad).|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|