MAC Fabulous Felines: Leopard Luxe Review, Photos, Swatches (Eyes)
Here’s part one of Leopard Luxe — part two coming soon! 🙂
Leopard Luxe Eyeshadow Quad ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)
- Wild By Nature is a medium-dark nude brown with a matte finish, though it seems like it has just a bit of satin to it. Reminded me of a lighter Soft Brown.
- Notoriety is a slightly sheer dirty brown with cool undertones and flecks of gold shimmer with a velvet finish. I really hate the pay off of Notoriety, even though it’s an interesting color. This is a repromote from Makeup Art Cosmetics.
- Style Predator is a gold-shimmered medium orange base with a veluxe pearl finish. It reminds me of a darker version of Straw Harvest (Spring Colour Forecast) and more of a gold sheen than Off the Page (Makeup Art Cosmetics).
- Furiously Fabulous is a deep, dark brown-gray with a veluxe pearl finish. This is the best textured eyeshadow of the three quads–it’s smooth and pigmented. I thought it was going to look like Knight Divine from an initial glance, but it’s very different. It’s like Brun and Satin Taupe had a baby.
Superslick Liquid Eye Liner ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Pure Show is a true gold, and it seems a little less pigmented than the average Superslick liner — it’s more shimmery with a sheerer color base. It can be layered for a more intense, opaque line, though.
- Marked for Glamour is a darkened gray that almost looks taupe when used lightly.
- On the Hunt is a very deep, dark black. It has a very semi-glossy look even when dried, but it’s not wet looking (but not 100% matte/flat).
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Lithe is a lightly shimmered peach-nude. It reminded me of Dazzleray and Jardin Aires pigments (both limited edition)–the texture is much smoother and finer than either of those pigments, and Lithe isn’t as frosty.
- Old Gold is a green-based gold with touches of reddish brown. It flashes a green-gold overall. It’s a very interesting and complex shade; definitely worth a look if you haven’t acquired this previously. This is a permanent shade.