Guerlain Ombre Perlees — Matte Eyeshadow
I did this look over the weekend with Guerlain’s Ombre Perlees Palette. Even though the shades look like they have a hint of shimmer, they’re near-matte, particularly when used over a matte base. This is such a fall look, though, ha!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), Guerlain Ombre Perlees Eyeshadow Palette (pale white-pink, darkened coral-brown, dark taupe brown), Shiseido Brown (BR 602) Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil (brown), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Guerlain Parure Gold (Beige Naturel #03)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb (peachy pink), Guerlain Beige Tint Meteorites (highlighter)
- Lips: Chanel Imperial Rouge Allure Laque (darkened red), MAC Desire Lipglass (dark red-purple)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the light white-pink eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply the coral eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with the taupe brown eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend the taupe brown eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush the coral eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep a mix of the light white-pink and coral as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Brown eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight cheekbones with Beige Tint Meteorites with the 165.
For lips, apply Imperial Rouge Allure Laque first, and then layer Desire lipglass for a complementing lip.
Easy & quick neutral eye This is the “I want to try out a bunch of new products” look — I tried out Guerlain’s Bleu Cruise mascara, Benefit Posietint, and Benefit 10! Yay!
HAPPY FRIDAY! We made it to the weekend. I hope you have some fun plans coming up! I’ll be spending my Friday afternoon studying with my study group, and then we’ll meet again on Saturday afternoon. Sunday I’ll be spending with my family for Mother’s Day! How about you?
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Blanc Type eyeshadow (vanilla white, matte), Soft Brown eyeshadow (soft medium brown), Espresso eyeshadow (dark warm brown), Shroom eyeshadow (shimmery highlighter), Urban Decay Stash 24/7 Liner (antique gold), Guerlain Bleu Cruise Mascara (teal)
- Cheeks: Benefit Posietint (cool pink), Benefit 10 (highlighter/bronzer duo)
- Lips: Wild ‘Bout You lipstick (deep raspberry), Desire lipglass (deep raspberry-wine)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Wild ‘Bout You = New York Apple/Rebel
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base. On the lid, apply Blanc Type eyeshadow using the 239. Darken the outer lid using Soft Brown eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Espresso eyeshadow using the 226, then overlay with Soft Brown eyeshadow. Sweep Shroom eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Stash Liner on lower lash line, and Guerlain Bleu Cruise mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Benefit Posietint using the 129, then highlight with Benefit 10 with the 188. Apply Wild ‘Bout You lipstick to lips, and then top with Desire lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
9 Must-Have MAC Lipglasses
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Oyster Girl lipglass is a gorgeous, sheer pearly pink lipglass. It’s really the way the shimmer gives off a lot of pearl sheen that makes this gloss a must-have. It layers well over both light and dark lipglasses.
C-Thru lipglass is an absolute must if you love a glossy, beige-to-nude lip. It’s a creamy concoction of light, pale beige.
Underage lipglass is similar to C-Thru lipglass, only it’s a sheer, soft pink with just a touch of shimmer. If you want a little more of a fleshy, pink nude lip, opt for this!
Cultured lipglass is a semi-sheer pink with purplish tones with shimmer that reflects both pink and almost a frosty silver.
Nymphette lipglass is a shimmery, lightly pink toned gloss with golden reflection in it. It’s incredibly flattering on lips alone, or layered with a lipstick.
See four more must-haves! Continue reading →