OVERALL, Dazzleglass introduces sixteen wearable shades of ultra high gloss/sheen lipgloss that’s bound to, ahem, dazzle. It’s great that MAC introduced so many at once just for the fact that you’re bound to be drawn to at least one or two of them! The consistency is thicker than lustreglass, maybe even as thick or thicker than lipglass, but with less stickiness than lipglass (though they still felt a little tacky to me). The glitter doesn’t feel particularly gritty in the swatch, though I personally felt that as they wore away through the day that some did feel gritty. After playing with them a bit, it really does seem like these are colored glosses mixed with reflects glitters–the new ones, the ultra finely milled ones. The texture of the glitter in these is nearly identical to reflects glitters (again, the newer ones that are finely milled). The packaging for this is larger than either lipglass/lustreglass, but it is not a glass tube as far as I could tell–it sounded and felt like plastic (nor were they very heavy), but they are kind of like test tubes. If you love super high reflecting glosses… check these out! They really do look amazing on lips, especially in sunlight (looks like shimmering water!).
- Pleasure Principle is the sheerest of the sixteen Dazzleglasses, primarily because it’s intended to be a very sheer, semi-clear glossy color. Cute to put on top of colors!
- Sugarrimmed is similar to Pleasure Principle, but it’s more of a white with pink undertones in it.
- Bare Necessity is a pale peach color with great iridescence/reflection. If you have paler lips, this would be a great beachy/summery color.
- Baby Sparks is a baby pastel pink with cool reflects, and I see this one being quite popular.
- Rags to Riches is a soft pastel mauvey-pink kind of color with multi-colored reflects.
- Get Rich Quick is a warm brown with pink reflects that is more wearable than you’d think.
- Money, Honey is a darker medium pink with equivalent reflects that go pink and fuchsia-purple. This one stood out the most to me in terms of something I’d wear often.
- Date Night is a dark berry color with a burgundy tone and pink reflects. Very pretty and suited to its name.
- Steppin’ Out is a brighter baby pink than Baby Sparks with warm tones, so I think those who’ve been wanting a light pink gloss will find either or both suitable for them.
- Love Alert is a pink-fuchsia that’s fairly bright, but as the Dazzleglasses are all fairly sheer, it’s wearable.
- Glamour O.D. is a warm pink with coral undertones and pink reflects. It’s a cute color.
- Spanking Rich is a darker pink with peach-berry undertones with multi-colored reflects.
- Like Venus is surprisingly pretty, very much a light purple-pink with light pink reflects. I was tempted by this one!
- Funtabulous is a bright fuchsia-purple color with cool purple reflects. Like Love Alert, it looks quite bold when swatched.
- Ms. Fizz is a medium pink with purple undertones – similar to Steppin’ Out except it does have that purple-fuchsia dimension to it.
- Comet Blue is a cool blue with a little bit of gray undertones. It’s not straight blue, nor pastel blue, but a mix.
See more swatches… Continue reading →
- Comet Blue
- Rags to Riches
- Money Honey
- Ms. Fizz
- Like Venus
- Steppin’ Out
- Bare Necessity
- Get Rich Quick
- Spanking Rich
- Love Alert
- Pleasure Principle
Remember when we saw Dazzleglasses available on eBay? Well, I purchased several of them out of curiosity, and while they seem legitimate, there is no way for me to know for sure quite yet. The packaging is new, which was expected of Dazzleglass (launching in May), so it’s even more difficult to determine if these are the real deal. As a result, I’ve been sitting on these swatches for nearly a month now, and I figured I’d share them as long as I disclaim that these may NOT be real. Since there’s that chance, I also am not going to be doing a full review until much later, when they actually launch.
Kiss and Makeup revealed official color information…
Comet Blue Violet blue
Funtabulous Purple with violet pearl
Ms. Fizz Bright pink with blue pearl
Like Venus Clean light bubble gum pink with red pearl
Baby Sparks Pale pink with violet pearl
Money Honey Mid-tone rosy mauve with red pearl
Rags to Riches Plumy pink with teal and red pearl
Date Night Deep plum with blue and gold pearl
Spanking Rich Raspberry pink with red and gold pearl
Get Rich Quick Warm yellow brown
Bare Necessity Caramel apricot with red and gold pearl
Steppin’ Out Clean yellow pink with red pearl
Glamour O.D. Bright coral red with red pearl
Suugarrimmed Milky pale pink with red, teal and white pearl
Pleasure Principle Clear white violet, teal and white pearl
Love Alert Raspberry red with red pearl
Looks like the eBay Dazzleglasses are dead on for the names AND color descriptions! This is good news and definitely adds to the PRO column for legitimacy!
I will give you a quick rundown of the texture/finish/overview of these, though! They are less sticky than lipglasses, but a little more sticky than lustreglasses. For those hoping for a non-tacky gloss, this is definitely not an answer to you. They are all sheer colors, so don’t expect a lot of opacity or color, especially for those with pigmented lips. There is a good deal of shimmer in each gloss, and the finish is a high, glossy sheen.
Continue reading →
Sometimes the internet is a wonderful thing, isn’t it? I bring you these sneak peek photos of Dazzleglass, a new gloss formulation by MAC, slated for late April/May release from an eBay seller. These may or not be the official names, as they may be working names (temporary names that are sometimes later changed), but the seller is reputable and known for having products before launches from time to time, so it would appear that these are legitimate.
- Baby Sparks Hot, cool pink
- Steppin’ Out Hot bright pink
- Spanking Rich Dark fuchsia
- Pleasure Principle Shimmery white
- Sugarrimmed Cool shimmery pink
- Ms. Fizz Bright purple fuchsia
- Money, Honey Berry pink-red
- Love Alert Bright red
- Like Venus Shimmery purple
- Funtabulous Deep purple-blue
- Comet Blue Shimmery blue with purple undertones
- Bare Necessity Peachy with blue shimmer
- Date Night Shimmery maroon
- Glamour OD Coral red with shimmer
The seller mentioned there were thirteen shades in total, but I only caught eleven when I was viewing (guess others must have snatched up the other two auctions?).