MAC Me Over Lipglasses in Good Times, Illicit, Social Light, and The Wee Coquette
MAC Me Over: Lipglasses
There are seven shades of MAC Lipglass ($14.50 for 0.17 fl. oz.) launched with MAC Me Over. They include: Curvaceous (light grey pink), Good Times (pale mauve), Illicit (creamy neutral pink), Plum Fun (neutral plum with purple pearlized pigments), Social Light (neutral pink with pearlized pigments), Spite (muted plum taupe brown), and The Wee Coquette (naked neutral pink).
- Curvaceous is a milky pink with just a hint of plum. It has a creamy, milky appearance, so it can take some patience to get even coverage, though the opacity of the gloss is mostly opaque. It is similar to Illamasqua Move but Curvaceous is less pigmented.
- Good Times is a pale, milky pinked mauve. The lightness of the color combined with the milkiness does make it a gloss that settles into lip lines. The color itself is mostly opaque. It is more opaque than MAC Going Casual but much less pink compared to MAC Splashing.
- Illicit is a peachy-beige with white micro-shimmer. This is a repromote. I found this one difficult to apply in an even layer of color–it just settles into lip lines and looks quite uneven, which is also due to the general thickness of the formula itself. It is less pink compared to MAC Lust, less coral compared to MAC Pretty Quick!, more peach (but less even) than MAC Jest For Fun, similar to (but less even) than MAC Frankly Fresh,
- Plum Fun is a berry-tinted red with gold shimmer. It has nearly opaque color coverage. NYX Burgundy is redder. NARS Bougainville is very similar, though it is a touch darker. Dolce & Gabbana Vibrant is pinker.
- Social Light is a pink-brown with multi-colored shimmer. It’s an interesting shade, because it looks browner in the tube and swatched, but it emphasizes the redness in my lips when worn. This was, however, the 11th or 12th lip product I swatched. When swatched, it resembles MAC Spree, but it’s a touch less brown. It is less coral compared to MAC Wildly Refined.
- Spite will be reviewed when I am able to purchase it, but my local stores are presently sold out of it. This is a permanent shade.
- The Wee Coquette is a pale, milky blue-based pink with white shimmer. This is a repromote. It is less opaque and glossier than MAC Enchantee.
MAC Lipglasses are sticky, vanilla-scented, and wear longer than most glosses (because of their tackiness). I get between three and four hours with lighter colors, and some of the darker shades will wear four to five on me. The formula is very thick, though, which can make getting an even layer more difficult. Additionally, when the hue is very pale, creamy, or otherwise milky-looking, the unevenness is more pronounced.
MAC Me Over is a 51-piece collection for fall, which will launch in North America on August 25th, 2011 and internationally in September 2011. It will launch online approximately August 23rd but there is no concrete online launch date. All products–unless otherwise noted–are limited edition.
|I generally don't mind MAC's stickier, thicker Lipglass formula, but a couple of these felt more gloppy than just thick on. The milkier shades are better over a lipstick, because it will help minimize the unevenness in the gloss layer more.|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|