MAC Dare to Wear Eyeshadows
MAC Dare to Wear: Eyeshadows, Part 2
First, make sure you’ve read Part 1. In this post, you’ll notice four blue-based shades–this collection is definitely skewed towards blue. There are three permanent shades here: Sky Blue, Atlantic Blue, and Winkle; the first available only at PRO, the latter two at all freestanding stores.
- Zingy is a medium blue that leans just a little green. It’s a less intense version of Electric Eel eyeshadow. It was also a little fussy to get to layer right in a swatch–though it’s pretty once it comes together.
- Sky Blue is a soft, pale sky blue with silvery-white shimmer in a frost finish. It’s a little on the sheer side and can be a bit dusty. This is a permanent PRO shade.
- Atlantic Blue is an intense shade of deep blue with a violet undertone in a matte finish. This is one of my favorite shades–period! This is a permanent PRO shade.
- Winkle is a softened cornflower blue with a satin finish. It needs to be layered to get a nice level of intensity, but it has a very buttery texture. This is a permanent shade.
- Shock-a-holic is a medium-dark purple with strong red undertones in a matte finish. It’s a little brighter, richer version of Vibrant Grape; brighter/purpler version of Nocturnelle or Fig 1.
- Crazy Cool is a shimmery cool-toned lilac with a silver-white sheen in a veluxe pearl finish. It’s a darker version of Digit and a lighter version of Beautiful Iris. It’s a little on the sheer side and not as smooth as I’d expect for a veluxe pearl.
- Must-Haves: Atlantic Blue, Winkle
- Nice-to-Haves: Zingy, Sky Blue, Shock-a-holic
- Skip: Crazy Cool
Recommendations by Skin Tone
- Light: Zingy, Sky Blue, Winkle, Shock-a-holic, Crazy Cool
- Medium: Zingy, Atlantic Blue, Winkle, Shock-a-holic
- Dark: Zingy, Atlantic Blue, Winkle, Shock-a-holic, Crazy Cool