OVERALL, Chill is a collection I imagine most people will pass on. With the holidays being a time where most are often buying gifts for others and thus spending less on themselves, I just don’t think Chill has any wow-factor to get you excited. The Penultimate Liner is definitely worth taking a look at, and I think this is the only stand-out product (just because it’s completely new) of the launch. The eyeshadows are subdued and cool-toned without a lot of color; the lipglasses are also fairly cool-toned and swatch well, but they aren’t nearly as pigmented on lips (based on my trial). It’s not a bad collection, but with Dame Edna just around the corner, Brunette, Blonde, & Redhead in January, and then Hello Kitty looming in the horizon–I think people would rather wait for one, two, or all three of those known upcoming launches.
Get a breakdown of each of the products from this launch… Continue reading →
Apres-Ski, Vellum, Arctic Grey, Wintersky, Mont Black
MAC Cosmetics CHILL Collection Swatches! Go see the rest! Continue reading →
MAC Cosmetics Chill Collection is available for sale online! Which means it’ll hit stores this Thursday! What are you getting?
Check out these higher quality photos for Chill! This collection launches January 2009 in North America; February 2009 for international locations. You can read up on the color story here.
See more photos! Continue reading →
Ice the competition. The temperature drops, predictability plummets, but a new beauty barometer sets the tone with light snowflake lips, twinkle shimmer shades with opalescent pearl. Cool neutral eyes suddenly combust, then go up in smoke, with new Penultimate Eye Liner for the deepest velvet black. New 41 Lash with criss-cross design for a luxe, longer look. Two Reflects Glitter for a limited time, a hot new cool. Just chill.
- Icescape Sheer pale pink with pink pearlized pigments
- Naked Frost Sheer taupe with silver pearlized pigments
- Frozen Dream Sheer cool mid-tone pink with pearlized pigments
- Snowscene Sheer white with multi colored pearlized pigments
- Arctic Grey Frost mid-tone gray (Satin)
- Wintersky Frosted neutral mid-tone pink (Veluxe Pearl)
- Apres-Ski Matte dark brownish gray (Matte)
- Mont Black Sparkly black with pearlized pigments (Velvet)
- Vellum Pale white duochrome with violet shimmer (Frost)
Penultimate Liner (Permanent)
- Rapidblack Rich, intense black
- Reflects Transparent Teal Shimmering white with turquoise (Currently being DCd)
- Reflects Antique Gold Shimmering antique flecked gold
Images and details for rumored (I say rumored only because it’s so far in advance, there’s no way to confirm it at the moment) MAC Collection, CHILL, slated for January 2009.
See more images… Continue reading →