5 Warm-Toned Nude Lipsticks
By popular request, here are five of my favorite warm-toned nude lipsticks (and a gloss)!
What’s your favorite warm-toned nude?
The Spring Season: Warmer Nudes Lipstick Wrap-up
I’m partial to warmer nudes myself, and I discovered several new favorites through the Spring Season–I hope you did, too! One reason I love doing end-of-series roundups is because it gives me an opportunity to see if there are good dupes for certain shades.
- For instance, #7 (Guerlain Guerlinade) is a new favorite nude for me, and the closest dupe here is #12 (MAC Freckletone), but it’s not quite there.
- On the other hand, #9 (Korres #34 Nude) and #14 (MAC Touch) have similar coloring but different textures.
- #8 (Julie Hewett Simone) is a pinker, more pigmented version of #2 (Chanel Mythic). #10 (Lancome Rich Cashmere) seems similar to #11 (MAC Cherish).
- #3 (Cle de Peau #103) seems like a cross between #9 (Korres #34 Nude) and #12 (MAC Freckletone).
- Benefit Sugar Cookie Lipstick
- Chanel Mythic Lipstick
- Cle de Peau #103 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Guerlain Barbara Rouge G Le Brilliant Lipstick
- Guerlain Forever Beige Lipstick
- Guerlain Gardenia Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Guerlinade Rouge G Lipstick
- Julie Hewett Simone Lipstick
- Korres #34 Nude Guava Lipstick
- Lancome Rich Cashmere Lipstick
- MAC Cherish Lipstick
- MAC Freckletone Lipstick
- MAC Honeyflower Lipstick
- MAC Touch Lipstick
- Maybelline Caramel Kiss Lipstick
MAC Cherish Lipstick
The Spring Season: MAC Cherish Lipstick
MAC Cherish Lipstick ($14.00) is a rich, creamy beige nude. It has an incredibly smooth and creamy feel with a light glossy sheen. I love it, because it’s well-pigmented and gives me nearly full coverage on my lips. Cherish is one of my go-to nude lipsticks for whenever I wear a really dramatic, smoky eye. It works well to complement the look without competing with it or washing it out. Like all MAC lipsticks, it’s vanilla-scented (but not too sweet or cloying–one of the best lipstick scents of all-time, in my humble opinion!), comes in a black bullet, and lasts a good four hours or so on me.
Is this the right nude lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
After we got settled into our hotel yesterday afternoon, I did this bright look. I figured since most of the day was gone, I wouldn’t have to worry about it melting off. I’ll use today to determine just how much makeup I can wear and tolerate with the humidity and high heat!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Teal pigment (teal base), Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow (green-based gold), Sharp eyeshadow (chartreuse), Gulf Stream eyeshadow (teal), Cool Heat eyeshadow (blue-teal), Ricepaper eyeshadow (soft neutral highlighter), Graphblack technakohl (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Suncentered Colour Forms Powder (soft peach)
- Lips: Cherish lipstick (nude beige), Illicit lipglass (beige)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Sharp = Sour Lemon; Gulf Stream = Shimmermoss; Cool Heat = Electric Eel; Suncentered = Foolish Me; Illicit = C-Thru
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Teal pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. Apply Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow on inner third of the lid using the 239. Apply Sharp eyeshadow next to Gorgeous Gold with the 239. Deepen outer lid with Gulf Stream eyeshadow with the 239, and then darken the outer lid with Cool Heat eyeshadow. Darken the outer crease using Cool Heat eyeshadow with the 239. Sweep Ricepaper underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Suncentered using the 129. Apply Cherish lipstick to lips, and then top with Illicit lipglass for color and shine.
Continue reading →
I decided I wanted to play with some of my new goodies I’m testing out right now! You know how I was a bit disappointed in Bobbi Brown’s Nude & Lip palette? Well, Dior’s Goldfever Quint was much more up my alley. Given, they’re frostier and shimmery shadows compared to the BB palette, I was able to create an actual LOOK out of it! Plus, the soft white gold? Divine.
I used MAC Soft Ochre paint pot on lid, Dior Goldfever Quint center shadow on inner lid, Dior Goldfever Quint bottom left shadow on middle of lid, Dior Goldfever Quint top right shadow on outer lid, Dior Goldfever Quint top left shadow on outer crease, Dior Goldfever Quint bottom right shadow on outer crease and lid, and MAC Black Funk/Pop Blue dual edge liner on lower lash line. I had MAC Brun eyeshadow to fill in brows and MAC Plushblack plushlash mascara on lashes. I wore MAC True Romantic blush with Guerlain Mythic Parfait Pressed Meteorites on cheeks. I had MAC Cherish lipstick (like Fleshpot) with MAC Style Minx lipglass on my lips.
Continue reading →
I used Silver Fog pigment on lid, Rondelle eyeshadow on inner lid, Gentle Fume eyeshadow on middle of lid, Waft eyeshadow on outer lid and crease, Deep Truth eyeshadow on outer crease, Freshwater eyeshadow on outer lid, Ricepaper eyeshadow on brow and above crease, Deep Truth eyeshadow on outer lower lash line, Rondelle eyeshadow on inner lower lash line, and Feline kohl power on lower lash line. I wore Springsheen blush with Peach Haze beauty powder to highlight the cheeks. I had Cherish lipstick with Illicit lipglass and a touch of Tres Cher! lipglass.
Continue reading →