Fun Makeup: Clear Sky Blue
I really, really wanted to play around with Clear Sky Blue pigment. What better way than to use it as a base? It’s actually one of the nicer matte pigments to use–some of them can be finicky, but this one’s a champ when used wet.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Clear Sky Blue Pigment (matte sky blue), Urban Decay Aquarius Eyeshadow (aqua), Urban Decay Dashiki Eyeshadow (medium blue), MAC Atlantic Blue Eyeshadow (matte violet-hued blue), MAC Brule Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (medium dark blue), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Blush (peachy pink)
- Lips: Chanel Chintz Rouge Coco Lipstick (peach-nude), Chanel Petite Peche Glossimer (peach)
- Brushes: 242 (fluffy flat brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 242, apply Clear Sky Blue pigment onto the lid with water-based mixing medium. Using the 239, apply Aquarius eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Dashiki eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Atlantic Blue eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Define the crease with Atlantic Blue eyeshadow and the 226. Blend Brule eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant liner on the lower lash line., and then smudging Atlantic Blue eyeshadow on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Chintz lipstick first, and then layer Petite Peche glossimer for a complementing lip.