Valentine’s Day Makeup: Pinks & Purples
I’m just popping in to share with you this quick pink look I was playing around with this morning before I took a shower. (Yes, I totally will put on a full face of makeup, only to wash it all off right after!) Sorry if it’s felt like I’ve been a bit MIA this weekend… really trying to put in the full energy and effort to study for my midterms, which has always been a challenge ever since I’ve really started to get into the blog. ‘Cause trust me, I’d so much rather be writing or preparing posts for you all than reading about bonds and utility theory!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Stacked 1! Pigment (light purple), MAC Da Bling Eyeshadow (medium pink), MAC Bruised Plum Eyeshadow (soft gray mauve), MAC Lala Eyeshadow (dark pink), MAC Black Tulip Eyeshadow (dark purple), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Korres Tinted Moisturizer (#2)
- Cheeks: MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre (pinky purple)
- Lips: MAC Victorian Lipstick (bright pink with gold sheen), MAC Hush, Hush Rose Lipglass (medium-dark pink)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Stacked 1! Pigment = Kitschmas; Bruised Plum = Shale; Lala = Fuchsia Pigment (or Romping eyeshadow, which was LE!); Black Tulip = Nocturnelle
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply the light purple pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Da Bling eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Bruised Plum eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Lala eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Black Tulip eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Da Bling eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Lust eyeliner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Azalea Blossom blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Victorian lipstick first, and then layer Hush, Hush Rose lipglass for a complementing lip.