Summer Makeup: The Bright Sunset – Yellow, Orange, & Red
I just can’t help it! The latest shades to join the permanent range at MAC are all bright, they’re so *summer* and it’s not even technically spring yet! Oh, well… call it fashionably early? Hm. Whatever. This was just me having a little fun late at night If you want to wear it yourself and make it a little more tame or “everyday” (but I mean, it is bright!), use a more neutral highlighter (maybe Nylon) rather than going with color up to the brow bone. I’d rock it either way!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), (yellow gold), MAC Golden Lemon Pigment (yellow gold), MAC Going Bananas Eyeshadow (soft bright yellow), MAC Goldenrod Eyeshadow (golden orange-yellow), MAC Free to Be Eyeshadow (coral), MAC Red Brick Eyeshadow (orange-red), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (golden highlighter), Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Liner (brown), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Dior Vintage Pink Blush (pink with peach)
- Lips: MAC Bronze Shimmer Lipstick, MAC Lychee Luxe Lipglass
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Going Bananas = Nylon + Bright Sunshine (or Chrome Yellow)
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Golden Lemon pigment all over the lid portion. Using the 239, apply Going Bananas eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Goldenrod eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Free to Be eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Red Brick eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Going Bananas eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Nylon eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Bourbon eyeliner on the lower lash line, and Going Bananas eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Vintage Pink blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Bronze Shimmer lipstick first, and then layer Lychee Luxe lipglass for a complementing lip.