MAC Blacklit Electric Cool Eyeshadow
Breakdown of MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow – Part 1
The first six shades of MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow ($18.50 for 0.07 oz.) that we’re going to go through are: Blacklit (black with multi-dimensional pearl), Brilliantly Lit (bright acid yellow green), Coil (copper bronze), Dynamo (mid-tone coral), Electroplate (cool gunmetal grey), and Fashion Circuit (bright kelly green). Please read my review for how these feel, wear, etc.
- Blacklit is a black with multi-colored shimmer–there was silver, teal, and blue that I spotted. It’s semi-opaque. This one did fade and didn’t apply as evenly as I’d like. Buxom Black Lab is nearly the same, but the black is less buildable, though it seems to pack more shimmer/sparkle. Chanel Mirifique is very similar but sparklier and much, much more pigmented. Lancome The New Black is similar but powder. Bobbi Brown Black Sparkle is also similar but a bluer black.
- Brilliantly Lit is a yellowy chartreuse with a soft shimmer finish. This was one of the more opaque shades, and it also applied more evenly than others. Buxom Shiz Tzu is much greener. NARS Rated R is just slightly greener. MAC Double Feature 2 is also a bit greener. MAC Bitter is similar but a smidgen greener.
- Coil is a medium-dark red-toned bronze with lighter bronze shimmer and a soft sheen. This was also one of the more opaque shades–it was one of the easier shades to work with and didn’t have any fading issues either. Buxom Golden Retriever is a dead-ringer for the color but it has a less metallic sheen. Milani Caramel Brown is a bit lighter. Clarins Enchanted Summer is very similar. MAC Havana is darker. Dior Aurora is slightly softer. There are a fair amount of similar shades to this type of brown.
- Dynamo is an orange-coral with a soft pink sheen. It has fairly good color payoff, but I did have problems with getting it to really show up well on the lid and wasn’t the nicest shade to blend. Guerlain by Emilio Pucci is darker, richer. Inglot #361 is pinker.
- Electroplate is a purplish-gray taupe with soft champagne sparkle and a semi-metallic finish. The color payoff was decent but less opaque on the lid during application. Buxom Pug is nearly the same, perhaps less purple-tinted. Chanel Illusoire is darker, has more of a blackened base. Make Up For Ever #2 is browner. MAC Dynamic Duo 3 is darker, less shimmery. MAC Keep Your Cool is darker, browner. Urban Decay Mushroom is a smidgen grayer. Giorgio Armani #4 is browner.
- Fashion Circuit is a green-based teal with silver sparkle and a slightly metallic sheen. The color payoff is good, but this one was a fader. Buxom Saint Bernard is greener. NYX Seafoam Green is a smidgen greener. Maybelline Edgy Emerald is barely bluer. NARS Misfit is much, much darker. MAC Aquadisiac is just a hair lighter. Urban Decay Minx is similar but has glitter. MAC Surf USA is richer, more intense. Make Up For Ever #168 is a touch greener and more frosted.
|If you really, really love shimmering, sparkling finishes, you might consider checking out the formula and seeing if it's worth the effort. If you want to wear them alone as washes of color, they're definitely worth a look.|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|