MAC Wonder Woman Look Experiment: Lady Justice
This quad was a pain in the behind to use–the colors just didn’t want to stick or blend together. Very, very finnicky and difficult to work through; this was attempt number two, as well. I would have scrapped this look and never posted, because it looks awful, but I thought perhaps it would show just why I was so disappointed in these quads.
Lady Justice was a disaster–fall out everywhere and it did not want to apply smoothly whatsoever. Bold Babe was stiff and did not want to blend out. I tried adding Deep Truth towards the end, in hopes that the more pigmented shadow would help this look along but no luck. The fall out you see is after I cleaned underneath the eye–twenty minutes after.
I was going to do a subtler lip to pair with this look, but I loathed the eyes and at the very least wanted to try a fun lip combo.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Lady Justice Eyeshadow (silvery white), MAC Insurmountable Eyeshadow (pale gray-blue), MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow (navy blue), MAC Bold Babe Eyeshadow (steel blue), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Dime 24/7 Liner (silver), MAC Themyscira Opulash Mascara (blue)
- Face: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (Punjab), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: MAC Amazon Princess Blush Duo (cool blue-pink)
- Lips: MAC Marquise d’ Lipstick (nude), MAC Athena’s Kiss Lipglass (fuchsia), MAC Reflects Pearl Glitter (iridescent white glitter)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lady Justice = Filament; Insurmountable = NARS Cleo; Bold Babe = Hourglass Prism; Amazon Princess = NARS Angelika; Marquise d’ = Sandy B; Athena’s Kiss = Pink Poodle
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Insurmountable eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend Bold Babe eyeshadow above the crease with the 222. Apply Deep Truth eyeshadow in the crease with the 239 held horizontally. Use Lady Justice eyeshadow on the inner tear duct to brighten. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Dime on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Themyscira Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Amazon Princess blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Marquise d’ lipstick first, then layer Athena’s Kiss lipglass for a complementing lip.
Eyeshadow Comparison “Session”
MAC Wonder Woman: Eyeshadow Quad Comparisons & Dupes
Here are swatch comparisons for the three eyeshadow quads from the collection… If it is not included in here, it is most likely because I do not own it.
- DEFIANCE is a lot pinker in comparison to Vanilla, while it is more comparable to Pink Opal under natural light (but less so with flash; Pink Opal reflects more and looks whiter). Ego is pinker.
- PARADISE ISLAND is a little cooler-toned than Pink Papillon, while it is pinker than Pen ‘n’ Pink, and less frosty than Urban Decay Sphynx.
- STAR STUDDED is lighter and less violet than Vibrant Grape, while it is significantly lighter than Fig. 1.
- REAL DRAMA is less red than Deep Damson, and it is slightly less red compared to Sketch, but it is fairly similar to the latter.
- LADY JUSTICE is just a less pigmented version of Forgery and Urban Decay Uzi. At the most, it is less bright.
- INSURMOUNTABLE is a shade I do not have a dupe of, and the closest I could find in my stash was Korres #42S, which is paler and frosty. I’m not saying there are no dupes (check the review–I listed some that I do not own), just that I couldn’t find anything I own that is.
- BOLD BABE is more muted than Houglass Prism and Love Lace, both appear bluer. Dandizette is a richer blue and not really a dupe.
- MANILA PAPER is just a smidgen whiter in comparison to Nylon, but they are very, very similar. Creme de Miel is significantly yellower, while Rose Blanc and Soft Force are noticeably yellower though not as yellow as Creme de Miel.
- VALIANT is a paler, slightly yellower version of Juxt. Korres #44S is nearly identical–slightly greener. Metamorph is greener. NARS Sea, Sex, Sun is far too dark and green to compare.
- DIANA UNDERCOVER is less teal in comparison to Bottle Green, while it is greener than Femme Noir.
- SPINNING TRANSFORMATION is similar in the base color as Make Up For Ever #47, which is slightly greener and has no shimmer. Sumptuous Olive is browner, more metallic, but closest that I had. Hourglass Dune is much, much darker and not comparable.
MAC Lady Justice Eyeshadow Quad
MAC Wonder Woman: Lady Justice Eyeshadow Quad
MAC Lady Justice EYESHADOW QUAD ($40.00 for 0.20 oz.) includes four shades of eyeshadow: Lady Justice (bright silver with white pearl), Insurmountable (dirty blue grey), Deep Truth (true dark blue), and Bold Babe (deep metal blue with white pearl).
- Lady Justice is a silvery-white shimmered shade. It doesn’t really have a base color, just lots of the silver-white shimmer. A little messy–doesn’t quite hold together. This is a frost finish. It’s similar to Forgery or Filament.
- Insurmountable is a beautiful grayish, pale blue with more of a matte finish. This is a veluxe finish. The best textured shadow of the three quads. It is a more matte version of Bobbi Brown Iced Blue, grayer than NARS Nymphea and NARS Cleo.
- Deep Truth is a deep navy blue with a lighter blue sheen. This is a frost finish. This is a permanent shade.
- Bold Babe is a steely blue with a silvery-blue sheen. This is a frost finish. It has decent pigmentation though not excellent, but it could have a softer, smoother texture. It is bluer than NARS Underworld. Hourglass Prism does it about a million times better.
This quad was better than Defiance, but I’m not entirely sold. Lady Justice is rather disappointing in its sheerness–it’s more like an overlay of shimmer than an eyeshadow. Bold Babe is a gorgeous hue but could be softer, smoother, and generally more pigmented. I wish Bold Babe had knocked it out of the park, because Insurmountable is absolutely divine but obviously not worth $40 for it alone.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 20/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
final thoughts: Like Defiance, this too will suit cooler skin tones naturally, because of all the cool-toned blues. However, the richness of blue still works well on warmer skin tones. The quality is better in this quad than Defiance, but it’s not excellent.
where to buy: MAC Cosmetics