Win MAC Bloodline Pigment!
One (1) lucky winner will receive the limited edition MAC Bloodline Pigment from MAC’s Fabulous Felines Collection! (Retail value $19.50!)
RULES: All entries must be submitted by September 9th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
Congratulations to Amber!
MAC Fabulous Felines – Palace Pedigreed
MAC Fabulous Felines: Palace Pedigreed Review, Photos, Swatches (Eyes)
Here’s the first of two posts on the Palace Pedigreed part of the Fabulous Felines Collection.
You can find official promotional photos and information on MAC Fabulous Felines here. I will not have full collection swatches and photos until I’m able to purchase the missing pieces. I purchased all of these through Bloomingdale’s, which is selling early online (no idea why).
Palace Pedigreed Eyeshadow Quad ($36.00 U.S. / $43.00 CDN)
- Courtly is a semi-sheer dirty mauve with a satin finish. It seemed rather muted to me, and it took a little extra work to get it to swatch well. The closest permanent shadow I could think of was Seedy Pearl, which has a lot more shimmer, significant pink tones, and an iridescent glow about it that make them quite different in actuality.
- Palace Pedigreed a darkened plum with a soft sheen and satin finish. It reminded me of a darker version of Plum Dressing, less purple Nocturnelle.
- Quite Spoiled is a pinky purple with a soft, satin finish. It has a subtle sheen of shimmer. It reminded me of a purple version of Modest Tone (N Collection).
- Russian Blue is a darkened teal with a matte finish. The pigmentation seems lacking, but when used with a brush, it’s a lot better, though it’s still not quite as pigmented as I’d like. You’ll want to use the pat-and-pack method rather than sweeping this shade on.
Superslick Liquid Eye Liner ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Nocturnal is a bright metallic silver with a high frost finish.
- Signature Blue is a medium-dark navy blue with lighter blue micro-shimmer.
- Smoky Heir is a burgundy plum with violet, plum, and purple micro-shimmer.
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Bloodline is a darkened taupe-brown with a tiny bit of plum. When wet, it can be very intense. If used with a brush like an eyeshadow, it works well in the crease and darkens substantially.
- Mauvement is a chunky brownish mauve with flecks of gold. It’s an interesting shade, but it does have some chunkiness to the texture that can be bothersome. I’m really annoyed that I can’t find my original jar of Mauvement, because this seems browner than the original; slightly smoother, but still on the chunkier side.