MAC Odalisque, Sugarpill Junebug, MAC Jealousy Wakes, MAC Surf USA
MAC Jealousy Wakes Eyeshadow Comparisons & Swatches (Part 2)
As promised, I did play around with mixing both MAC Teal and MAC Emerald Green pigments to see if it would create something closer. It does — I had the best results when I did Emerald Green as the base color and patted Teal on top–you get a more reflective, metallic-like sheen and the green doesn’t pop as much but it’s close. I also included some more comparisons below. If you’re trying to dupe the color, it definitely seems like mixing a medium green with a shimmery teal will be your best bet.
- MAC Odalisque is pretty much a different color entirely–very much blue in comparison.
- Sugarpill June Bug has more of a blackened green base with forest green shimmer in comparison.
- MAC Surf USA is much bluer, more of a teal. It’s like it has the color of the teal shimmer/sheen of Jealousy Wakes but it lacks the green.
- MAC Ego is a blackened forest green and looks much darker than Jealousy Wakes.
- Sugarpill Midori is a brighter green–less teal in it–in contrast to Surf USA, this has more of the green base of Jealousy Wakes but not the teal shimmer/sheen.
- MAC Sassy Grass is a rich grass green, but it’s not really like Jealousy Wakes.
- MAC Teal is more of a teal, so it ends up being bluer.
MAC One-Off, MAC Jealousy Wakes, MAC Emerald Green, MAC Gulf Stream
MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions: Jealousy Wakes Comparison Swatches
Now, I have no problems comparing Jealousy Wakes to other products, because it’s the shade I created and it doesn’t bother me to share comparisons with all of you. Part of me hoped to find something comparable, but the other part wanted to find nothing, just because that was the whole point!
- MAC One-Off is more of a green–it has a stronger yellow undertone, less teal/blue (this shade was limited edition).
- MAC Emerald Green is significantly yellower. This was one of the inspiration pieces for Jealousy Wakes, but I knew I wanted something with less yellow. This is a PRO pigment (and one of my favorites!).
- MAC Gulf Stream is a blue-teal, so it doesn’t end up being comparable–it almost seemed like it would be when I saw it in the pan. This was limited edition.
- Urban Decay Graffiti is a much lighter, brighter green with a yellow undertone. Would be pretty with Jealousy Wakes!
- MAC Humid is really nothing like it, but I had a few readers ask how close it was.
- MAC Shimmermoss ends up looking so much bluer compared to all the green shades. Again, not at all comparable!
I haven’t tried it, but you may be able to get rather close with MAC Teal and Emerald Green pigments – a little mix of both just might get you there. I’ll play around with it later on this week to see.
MAC Jealousy Wakes Eyeshadow
MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions: Eyeshadows Swatches, Photos
Available online only for U.S./Canada on June 21st, here are photos and swatches of the four eyeshadows included in the collection. Each will retail for $14.50 and be available for a limited time. For official information, please check out the launch post. Please understand that I am not going to rate or review this collection, because of my involvement, as I do not think it would be right. I will provide comparison swatches for Jealousy Wakes very soon!
- Jealousy Wakes is an emerald green with teal and gold shimmer. It has a veluxe pearl finish. This is the shade I created, and if you want to learn more about the creation process, check out this post.
- Parisian Skies is a dusty, medium-dark blue with a subtle sheen. It has a satin finish.
- Hocus Pocus is a dark, brown-tinged gray with green and gold shimmer. It has a satin finish.
- Sparkle Neely, Sparkle is a medium-dark, warm brown with subtle gold sparkle (not quite micro-glitter but larger than shimmer).
Please feel free to discuss similar shades and dupes amongst yourselves, but I would prefer only to provide my color descriptions, photos, and swatches. The Swatch Gallery should help you find possible dupes and allow you to compare on your own for this particular collection (I know that the eyeshadow section is not fully up, but I do hope it will help.) I hope you understand.
See more photos & swatches! Continue reading →